Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/17/2003 2:38:57 PM EDT
I have owned a Colt SP1, and currently have a Colt MT6601. Although I am very happy with the Colts (never had any malfunctions) I just couldn't buy another AR without a chromed barrel and chamber. The larger fire contol pins never really bothered me.

So today I ordered a new Bushmaster Standard A3 with a 20-inch CHROME LINED barrel and chamber his
I sure hope I didn't make a big mistake
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 2:53:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the bushmaster club...can never go wrong with a bushy!
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 3:23:19 PM EDT
[#2]
...that's CHROME, not "crome"!!!!!

[soapbox]
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 3:30:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought all Colts had chrome barrels? For the price they ask, you would think they would.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 3:36:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, I too have crossed over.  I owned Bushmasters, Olympio Arms, Rock River Arms, Eagle Arms and a Colt.  So I guess I have no side but the AR Side.

I need to start on AR10s next.

Max[marines]
[sniper2]
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 4:11:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Since when were AR's considered the dark side?  If you really want to join the dark side, get a Special Edition AK-74.

[devil]
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 4:25:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a DPMS and granted I didnt know too much about AR's when I bought it.($700 seemed like a lot at the time) I do genuinely like my rifle it's accurate and reliable but if I got another AR15 I think I would go Bushmaster.   When I was buying my baby I saw a Colt AR15 standard A2 for $1,000 and it seems these things are simply overpriced because of the Colt name.   There was a Bushy M4 right next to it for $825.  
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 5:55:00 PM EDT
[#7]
_DR:   My Colt SP1 had a chromed barrel and chamber. My MT6601 (bought in 2002) has a "push-pin" style front pivot pin, but no chrome in the barrel or chamber. To stop chroming the barrel and chamber is a big mistake for Colt as they will only loose more sales.

az-ar:   ARs are not the dark side. To someone who previously owned only Colts the "Dark Side" is where Bushmaster owners reside [:)]
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 9:59:48 PM EDT
[#8]
To someone who previously owned only Colts the "Dark Side" is where Bushmaster owners reside [:)]
View Quote

Never underestimate the power of the dark side....

Bushy/Armalite kind of guy myself.

RRA is looking neat, too.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top