All RRA internal components
Bushmaster 14 1/2" M4 barrel
M4 Handguards
Kurts A3 Fake Flash Hider
CavArms A1 length buttstock
Wilderness single point sling
ARMS Swan Sleeve
Aimpoint Comp in ARMS Aimpoint quick detach ring

Anything you would do differently and why?
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 7:14:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Since you are using a RRA upper, why not stick with a RRA barrel.  It is my understanding (from other messages I've read here) that they use Wilson barrels, which are excellent.  You could order the complete upper and save some cash through [url]www.adcofirearms.com[/url] They also ship for $4.00! I just got one from them, and it was fast.  Two days. Crazy.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 9:32:47 AM EDT
[#2]
For one, I want a chrome lined barrel.  While RRA M4 barrels are available chrome lined, they are not as readily available as non-chrome lined.  All Bushmaster barrels are chrome lined.  Second, I want a 14 1/2" barrel, not a 16".  I can get a 14 1/2" from Bushmaster.  I haven't seen anything but the 16" available from RRA.  Another reason, I have just always heard good comments on Bushmaster barrels.  Finally, I want to stick with 5.56mm chambers across the board.  I am not interested in .223 or the Wylde chamber.  And while RRA uses the 5.56 in their carbines, they do not in their 20" barrels.  I will most likely build a 20" upper or even another rifle in the future as a companion to this one and I thought I'd like to stick with the same brands of components.

My specs are not set in stone.  If they were, I'd just buy it and be done with it.  I posted my ideas here for comments and opinions, so keep them coming.  And if I am off base or mis-informed on anything, please feel free to help me out and correct me.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 9:39:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks pretty good....I'd ditch the SWAN sleeve and go with a ARMS#40 and cantalever spacer on the ARMS#22M68 for the aimpoint..The SWAN#38 to a little too heavy IMHO.....UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 10:08:59 AM EDT
[#4]
What underdog said.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 1:06:25 PM EDT
[#5]
How about one of those 1/7" barrels that are tacked at the top of the AR Discussions page?  Good for those heavier bullets, but it is hbar, which you probably don't want.  Just a thought [:)]

Have fun building! [beer]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top