Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2003 10:46:59 PM EDT
hi,

I have a oly arms carbine that I bought this year. It is the lightweight model (weighs under 5lbs) and has a small fixed plastic stock. I would rather have the VLTOR A2 stock cause it looks great, appears more comfortable against my cheek and longer.

My question is that the stock on my rifle now does not rotate free from the reciever portion of the rifle. There are a few pin looking things that resemble the same pins in the fixed tele stock. Does this mean that I cannot swap for the A2 VLTOR? Can they be drilled out?

Has anyone swapped there Post ban Oly arms stock?

Thanks-
Grant
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 2:16:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I dont understand.  If you have a fixed telestock just remove it and install the new stock.  What are you asking?  Do you already know how to remove and install the various stocks?  Are you asking if you need a new reciever extension?  Is your reciever extension stuck or what exactly?
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 9:02:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Just wanted to know if it was possible which it sounds like it is.

What is the reciever extension? And is there something that I need to remove before I can unscrew the stock?
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 9:31:08 AM EDT
[#3]
look here:

[url]http://ar15.com/content/docs/assembly/lower/#a2Stock[/url]

This is from the "assembly" section of this site
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top