Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/14/2003 2:51:32 PM EDT
Looking at a nice SP-1 and thinking of trading my R6551 Sporter for it. Good idea or no? FWIW, I'm left handed and don't know the SP-1's ejection pattern.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 3:33:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't had the chance to shoot an SP-1 but my old man (left-handed) claims that the rounds bounced off his cheek regularly.  Someone else can give you a little more description but that's my .02

Quite honestly, aside from adding an SP-1 to a collection for history's sake, I would avoid it if it was a choice between ONLY an SP-1 or the R6551.

Please take this with a grain of salt.  I'm only 19 and havent gotten the funds for a pre-ban yet.  I've done a lot of shopping and I must say that I wouldn't give up a R6551 for an SP-1 due to its limitations/age.

Link Posted: 11/14/2003 3:52:38 PM EDT
[#2]
SP1 is a nice rifle, get the one you like the most, If I remember right there was a snap on deflector for left hand shooters ?
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 6:23:16 PM EDT
[#3]
With a SP1 you will probably get hot brass in the face.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top