Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2003 1:14:20 PM EDT
My next AR, this one, will be the first I build from the ground up. I gave my PostFun M4gery to my GF since the smaller size and weight make it easier for her to shoot. Not gonna give her my 20 pound CMP AR!

Here are my toughts on what I would like to see on my build.

- PreBan Bushy or Colt lower, small hole only
- Aluminum collapsible CAR stock
- A1, A1E or A2 upper reciever, I prefer the A1 upper out of the two.
- SP1 / A1 Pistol grip
- 14.5" M4 Profile barrel
- Flat delta ring
- Either a Phantom FS or a A1 FS with a spacer
- CAR handguards
- Green/OD Sayetet sling

Any Input?
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 1:28:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Input:

Schweeeeeet!
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 1:49:06 PM EDT
[#2]

I wouldn't personally use a 14.5" barrel that required me to have a permanent FH to make it legal length. I prefer a 16" barrel so I can put anything on the end that's legal. What happens if someone comes up with a new FH--better than the ones available today? Or you just change your mind? You're stuck with a welded-on FH on a preban. I don't see it. And I don't like putting heat on barrels, even if it's only a spot weld.

The flat delta ring sucks when it comes time to remove your handguards for cleaning. That's why they are tapered now. Their retro look is neat, but I have no love for them in actual use.

The Phantom and aluminum stock are good calls. I prefer A1 sights also.

Preban Colt lowers are my choice, but ones with a small pivot hole are kind of rare, especially if you want one without a block.  

Link Posted: 11/14/2003 3:29:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the 14.5 personally, the perm. attached FS also doesn't bother me, worse case senario is that I have the replace the barrel, not much more then $150, again no biggie.

I went with the flat delta ring because I have a "project" I'm working on that needs the flat ring.  And I also like the looks of the flat ring with the CAR handguards.

One thing I noticed with my stock is that there is alot of play between the stock and buffer tube. I never owned a collapsible before since this is my first pre-ban. Is this normal?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top