Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/9/2003 9:05:51 PM EDT

Has anyone had problems with the RRA rifles' finish?  I accidentally didn't oil the bottom part of the ring that connects the stock and there is rust after only one month after an otherwise (I thought) adequate cleaning and oiling.

Yes, heap your abuse on me, I am worthless, I should take better care of my baby.

That being said, I did not expect rust on a new and nearly unused (<50 rounds) rifle after a proper (I thought) post-fire cleaning and oiling, after only one month.  It's not like I left it at the beach uncleaned and unoiled.  It was a huge suprise.

Just wondering if anyone else had a similar experience.  BTW my AK, which is stored and cleaned identically, has ZERO corrosion, never has.

Link Posted: 11/10/2003 2:37:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you talking about the ring on the collapsible stock? If so, don't feel bad, just wipe it down and keep an eye on it.  Something about the steel in the two attachment parts(the threaded ring and the rear plate) seems to attract sorrosion on all CARs.  My Colt SP1 carbine has had a slightly rusty color on those two parts for over 30 years[:D] No active rust mind you; just a rusty color. My more recent Bushie type also is starting to get that rusty tint also.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top