Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/9/2003 4:19:35 PM EDT
Well I think I have the ultimate configuration for an AR complete with Aimpoint illuminated reticle Leuopld, compact ACOG spotting scope, 2 back up scopes, bipod, vertical foregrip, and side mounted Aimpoint for CQB engagements.

Notice the improved fuzzy cheek weld on the Magpul stock.

Aimpoint lit reticle is set for 50/200 m shots while the regular crosshairs are set for 100m.

Since there is no baynett lug on the front sight base a free floated spiked mace was used.  As an added bonus it also helps control muzzle flip!

Notice the Surefire laser designed to be activated when shouldered mounted with tactical tan "danger bands"

Shoulder activated laser in use!

This weapon was also very handy to use being only 19 pounds with backup ACOGs but with out the FF double spiked mace and 24 lbs with the mace mounted.

So tell me what you think.  Is it good as is or should I add more stuff?  I am kind worried about only 1 light.  I saw that Surefire designer using multiple lights and I figure perhaps I should mount another light in place of one of the back up ACOGs.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 4:27:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 4:29:03 PM EDT
[#2]
2 is 1, 1 is none.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 4:33:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Where's the bipod wheel for getting that thing around?  You could make a bundle if you ever had to recycle all of that aluminum!
I had to borrow your thread and show the newby Vadim.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 4:39:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Now that's an AR with BALLS!  lol  

Devl,  I wish I had 1/2 the shit you have on that rifle in my safe!  So what would your figure you have tied up in it $$ wise?
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 4:44:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 4:51:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Schweeet....
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 4:59:25 PM EDT
[#7]
If you can find a way to mount a tape measure and a napkin on it, you'll be all set.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 5:21:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I can't believe you're planning to use that in such a bare-bones state.  Where's your GPS device and laser range finder?  And, for one, I DON'T see a corkscrew.  Heck, even the Leatherman tool has one of those now. [:)]
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 5:23:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey Devl,
Dont take this the wrong way, but you have a modern look to you, the latest and greatest modern guns and equiptment, but keep around that old outdated 1970's dark wood furniture?
Well...now I know where your money goes. LOL

Link Posted: 11/9/2003 5:29:32 PM EDT
[#10]
What in the name of mother-fucking god is THAT??

I...I don't quite know where to begin! Where is the pistol grip? Where do the bullets go???

That thing would make a liberal piss themselves and die of a heart attack.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 5:32:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 5:33:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
2 is 1, 1 is none.
View Quote

But how many is 7....?
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 5:35:20 PM EDT
[#13]
So is that your entry for the Army's new "Land Warrior System" ?
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 5:36:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Cost of rifle as configured?  under $10,000.

Is it a mouse?  Yes it is.  Although used as a cheek rest it makes an excellent diversionary devise for deadly guard cats during super secret insertions in hostile territory.

The furniture?  Pics were not taken in my home but at another board members.  Perhaps another series in front of his mega wide screen HDTV with lots of machine gun shooting chicks in bikinis for a back drop would have been more appropriate.

Leatherman, GPS, Laser range finder?  If they make ARMS mounts for those let me know.  I am sure I can mount another rail on the side of the Magpul stock if needed.

Link Posted: 11/9/2003 5:38:01 PM EDT
[#15]
I think you still need a crossbow on that thing.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 5:59:15 PM EDT
[#16]
So, that's $526 per pound without the mace, and $417 per pound with it.  The mace definately makes it a better value! lol
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 6:14:07 PM EDT
[#17]
you forgot a very key piece of equipment. The BEER dispenser.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 6:14:57 PM EDT
[#18]
All you need is a Beta C mag and figure out a way to mount a "Master Key" and I think you have a winner.  The ultimate Mall Ninja Assault Weapon.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 6:32:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Don't let the Army see that or we'll all be in line for a nice little appropriations hike.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 6:37:27 PM EDT
[#20]
You need a larger objective lens on your primary scope. The current one is barely adequate. And you forgot the sling.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 6:39:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Well thats about as wrong as two boys fuckin. I do however like the laser mounted to the Magpul stock. I wondered about what could/would be mounted there and for some reason it seems to make sense. Nice rifle DevL, you haven't posted many pics that I've seen (not that I've been around long) so it's nice to see you come out with both barrels errr... both scopes, errr.... the things just blazin.

Glockdog

Airborne!!
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 6:47:52 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm glad you have a carbine stock on that rifle otherwise it might be too bulky.  Let's see the guncase.

P.S. YOU ARE THE DEVIL! YOUR EYE IS GLOWING RED!
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 6:57:20 PM EDT
[#23]
[rofl2] that pwns
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 7:45:22 PM EDT
[#24]
I see your a big beliver in K.I.S.S.Theonly thing i see wrong there is the fuzzy cheek weld,kind of acontradiction in term's.I mean it is a killing machine,right.A hell of a bad ass one at that.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 7:54:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Interesting indeed...However either I missed something or you a missing a  crucial element...

I didn't see any backup irons for when all your lasers, optics and lights fail...I suppose at 19 pounds you could always use it as a $10,000 club...oh wait, I forgot about the mace.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 8:04:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I didn't see any backup irons for when all your lasers, optics and lights fail
View Quote

I spotted a KAC 600 meter rear BUIS, KAC Rail Flip Front BUIS.

However, it really, really does need another light (or two).  It would never make it onto my Surefire Calendar (two light minimums).
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 8:08:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

However, it really, really does need another light (or two).  It would never make it onto my Surefire Calendar (two light minimums).
View Quote

AH! Good to know nothing was missed then.
Except maybe, the kitchen sink...:-)
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 8:15:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

AH! Good to know nothing was missed then.
Except maybe, the kitchen sink...:-)
View Quote

And MP3 player...
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 8:27:55 PM EDT
[#29]
What's the cat think of it?
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 8:33:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Tactical tan "danger bands"
can I use that one?
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 8:54:24 PM EDT
[#31]
[LOL] I love it.

You need one of those over/under siamese ARs that Tony from Tromix makes.  It'll almost double your rail space!!!
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 9:20:16 PM EDT
[#32]
"Tactical tan "danger bands"
can I use that one?"

Of course, thats what all the operators around here call em.

MP3 player, beer dispenser?!?!  Hey this is a serious piece of gear here!  Its not some excuse to get a party started!  

And of course I have back up iron sights!  What would I do if my scope and Aimpoint and second side mounted Aimpoint failed?  Well id have to use the two back up ACOGS, but then what?  

As for the cat... thats one of our captured enemy super deadly guard cats used for testing that got out of the pen!  Luckily the mouse distractionary/cheekweld devise worked well on it as well as the shoulder laser and I was able to get these clandestine first look photos to you operators while it was distracted.

I was not able to shoot the cat as there is some kind of backlog on my 77 grain MK 262 Mod 1 ammo from Georgia Precision.  Does anyone know whats up with that? My black teflon / green follower USGI mag with Magpul was left empty!  It was a close call and a miracle I survived...
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 9:35:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
All you need is a Beta C mag and figure out a way to mount a "Master Key" and I think you have a winner.  The ultimate Mall Ninja Assault Weapon.
View Quote

Yeah Man! All that equipment and no beta mag? Whats the deal with that? You can only shoot 30 zombies at the time, from the hip, in under 2 seconds.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 9:47:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Hey Devl,
Dont take this the wrong way, but you have a modern look to you, the latest and greatest modern guns and equiptment, but keep around that old outdated 1970's dark wood furniture?

View Quote

That's my house, and the furniture belonged to my late grandmother.  It may not be pretty, but it's got sentimental value up the wazoo.

BTW, it's a Morning Star, not a Mace.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 10:15:05 PM EDT
[#35]
A morning star is a type of mace.  A mace with a chained, spiked ball is a morning star.

Link Posted: 11/10/2003 5:07:12 AM EDT
[#36]
LOL! That's one sweet rifle!  Though I think it's missing a critical item, you need a pen holder on it!  Even the the Swiss Army knives have built in pens!  Surely there's room for one on that rifle, why look at all the free rail space you still have.

As to why you need pen, why to keep track of all th chicks you attract with that babe magnet of a rifle...[:D]
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 7:02:07 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
A morning star is a type of mace.  A mace with a chained, spiked ball is a morning star.

View Quote

Actually, I think the chained, spiked ball weapon is a flail.....
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 7:14:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
, but keep around that old outdated 1970's dark wood furniture?

View Quote
real men sit on ammocans, hell I was embarrassed to break down and get a mattress to put on top of the ones I sleep on.
View Quote

Ammo cans & milk crates.  And cinder block/2x4 bookshelves.  Furniture of champions...err single guys.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 7:30:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Tactical tan "danger bands"
can I use that one?
View Quote

I'd check with the BATF as they may only be legal on pre-ban WMD.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 7:44:23 AM EDT
[#40]
No beer fridge?  No camping stove? no spear gun? High speed internet access?  Anti-Gravity generator to help you carry it?  Amateur!  Add some accessories to it, none of that bare bones crap. [LOL]
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 8:08:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Actually, I think the chained, spiked ball weapon is a flail.....
View Quote

Correct
A chained ball is a flail

A Mace has a stationary spiked head on a handle

So sayth Conquest on The History Channel
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 9:19:13 AM EDT
[#42]
Maybe there would be a good way to mount a motorcycle battery to power all the devices?
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 9:52:27 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Maybe there would be a good way to mount a motorcycle battery to power all the devices?
View Quote

Isn't the new ARMS gear supposed to have an integrated power system?  We'll be that much closer to the Airsoft guys with a battery tucked in the buttstock. :)
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 11:45:05 AM EDT
[#44]
[:D]!
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 11:54:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think the masterkey on a QD mount would go nicely on that wide open piece of rail.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 1:24:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Well after much research I have determined that Mace, Flail and Morning star are used interchangably.  A spiked headed ball on a fixed handle is also a morning star.  A morning star can be a flail type or mace type.  Its very confusing.  I also didnt realise grown men run around in the woods with toy medievel weapons playing D&D beating the crap out of each other... kind of like airsoft with midevil weapons and alter ego character names.  Very disturbing stuff.  Even more distubing this started in the great state of Texas...

[url]http://www.imperiumlarp.org/index.html[/url]

[url]http://www.needmorestuff.com/battlemaced.htm[/url]

Example of mace/morning star being same thing.  The more correct term would be morning star as its more specific so its a FF MS.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 2:24:54 PM EDT
[#47]
I say again: You need a sling thing to tote that bling bling.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 2:43:40 PM EDT
[#48]
LOL...mp3 player...all you're missing is mood music
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 3:55:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Uber-tactical and totally awesome heh
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 4:02:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Man, I just had an entire classroom stare back at me when I started laughing my ass off at those pics.. the flail kills! You need a warning on this thread for those of us who surf at night school - I nearly pissed myself.. awesome pics Devl! [LOL]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top