Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/8/2003 7:57:52 AM EDT
I'm still working on my first m4gery and have been struck by all of the new telestock alternatives (VLTOR, Ace, etc) that are popping up.

A couple questions:
1.  Has anyone seen pics or have info on any of these telestocks being in US Military use(SF or other)?
2.  Are any of the new telestocks available in a fixed postban position?
3.  Advice on which is best and why?

Many thanks!

Will
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 12:23:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I just purchased a Vltor carbine modstock and it is excellent. Super comfortable and with the five adjustments it is easy to find just the right spot. I don't know if the military is using them or not. It seems very durable with no play in it like allot of the telescoping stocks that I have seen.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 2:07:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I also have a Vltor and it's VERY solid.There are pictures floating around here of US military using the Vltor and the Cavarms M4 stocks.The Magpul is also being used by the Marines? I don't believe any of them are legal on a postban except for the A1 and A2 Vltor stocks.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 3:12:18 PM EDT
[#3]
If you're working on a post ban, check out this link. You might find it very useful:

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=173666&w=searchPop[/url]
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 3:20:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I just installed a Magpull stock on my M4 based on being able to get my hands on Pat Rodgers gun during a recent carbine class i attended.  I was impressed enough to buy one.  After firing it recently, in both semi and full auto, i came to the conclusion that the price was worth it.  Never thought i'd say that, especially for what "accessories" cost for these guns, but that was my conclusion...YMMV
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 7:49:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Both Vltor and Magpul stocks are on military guns. Both are available in fixed versions. Each stock has a following, and each of the two are fantastic upgrades. Go with either and you will be pleased.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top