Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 7:44:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Will they keep the barrel hot longer? My guess is that they will. I think the handguards getting too hot to hold is a good thing. It lets you know that if you continue at that pace you will soon cook off a round.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 8:09:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Will they keep the barrel hot longer? My guess is that they will. I think the handguards getting too hot to hold is a good thing. It lets you know that if you continue at that pace you will soon cook off a round.
View Quote

Think pizza oven or kiln.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 8:34:45 AM EDT
[#3]
They were giving them out like candy at Gunstock. [:D]

EladEflow picked up a pair. If I remember I'll post back and see how they worked. He has no ammo, and never does, so it might be a while.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 8:56:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Maybe use it on the bottom handguard only - let the heat out of the top, and keep it cool where your hand goes.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 10:08:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Someone had too much time on their hands to think wrong.

Let air out.  Think RAS or SIR.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top