Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2003 11:15:04 PM EDT
Ok get this, the bottom rail of my SIR won't come off because one of the helicoils has come loose.
I call ARMS and I get a rude address to send it to.
I e-mail ARMS to confirm if the address I wrote down was correct or not, and what else I needed to include in the package, and no replies.

WHATS THE DEAL WITH THAT?
Has anyone else had this type of experience with ARMS? Does anyone know what their address is for warranty repairs?
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 12:44:43 AM EDT
[#1]

"I call ARMS and I get a [b]rude[/b] address to send it to"

"Has anyone else had this type of experience with ARMS? Does anyone know what their address is for warranty repairs?"
View Quote

What do you mean by "rude address"

No. The folks at ARMS are extremely nice.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 2:43:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Maybe you just caught someone having a bad day.

I've only had to deal with ARMS directly once, and they fell all over themselves to help me.

I lost the thumb nut that holds my ARMS #2 carry handle scope mount in place-they sent me a new one immediately.

Naturally the day after I got the new one I found the old one. At least now I have a spare [:)]
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 3:27:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I have never had a bad experience dealing w/ ARMS, and I've delt w/ thm a lot.  I will say It takes them longer than it should to respond to e-mails, but if you call them at 508-584-7816, they'll fix you right up.

S2
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 3:39:29 AM EDT
[#4]
This is the type of threads I always see about ARMS customer service.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=173920[/url]

And we see threads like that fairly regularly.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 4:53:07 AM EDT
[#5]
So...

You call ARMS about a loose heli-coil, and they give you the address to send it to,

Your not sure that "you got the (rude?) address right".

So the you e-mail, rather than just call them back, to verify. They then don't respond quick enough to the e-mail.

possible example of a rude address...

461 whiney-bitch avenue
Piss-off, Ma. 01550
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 5:01:32 AM EDT
[#6]
All my dealings with Arms have been very pleasant and fast.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 5:09:31 AM EDT
[#7]
hmmm...I must have caught somebody having a bad day i guess...

What I ment with rude was the person was short, and hung up while I was still talking. Oh well.

Did it take long for a e-mail response? Does anyone know their warranty address?
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 5:16:53 AM EDT
[#8]
I believe they just have the one address. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
I'd just send it to the address on their website, and enclose a letter explaining what happened with our contact info.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 5:27:08 AM EDT
[#9]
awesome, thanks....I'll send it in asap. thanks for all the responses!
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 5:53:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 6:04:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
POSSIBLE CAUSES:

A. THEY'RE YANKEES !!! WORSE YET, THEY'RE BOSTON YANKEES. EVERYBODY KNOWS THEY'RE ALL RUDE AND SHORT. THEY'RE TRAINED THAT WAY FROM BIRTH. AND THEY TALK FUNNY.

... OR ...

B. MAYBE IT'S YOU !!!

PERSONALLY, I HAVE NEVER DEALT WITH YOU, LOCKEDON, BUT I DEAL WITH THE ARMS STAFF TWO OR THREE TIMES A WEEK. EVERYONE THERE IS TOTALLY RESPONSIVE AND PLEASANT TO DEAL WITH, EVEN IN THE RARE INSTANCE WHEN PROBLEMS ARISE. THEY TREAT ME LIKE FAMILY.

IF MY DEAR MOTHER EVER DIES, I PLAN TO ASK MRS. SWAN TO ADOPT ME.

THEY DO TALK A LITTLE FUNNY UP THERE, THOUGH.

WES
View Quote

Yamn Dankees.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 6:33:40 AM EDT
[#12]
A. THEY'RE YANKEES !!! WORSE YET, THEY'RE BOSTON YANKEES. EVERYBODY KNOWS THEY'RE ALL RUDE AND SHORT. THEY'RE TRAINED THAT WAY FROM BIRTH. AND THEY TALK FUNNY.
View Quote

Since I'm a Yankee too that might explain why they were so nice to me [:D]
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 7:53:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Hey, Im from not too far away from Mass and I sorta like the way they talk.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 8:03:46 PM EDT
[#14]
[i]YANKEES![/i]

No wonder they were rude. Go Red Sox!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top