Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/6/2003 9:08:31 AM EDT
Just wondering if anyone has a pic of an AR with this finish, so I can get an idea what it would look like. Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 11:17:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I would like to see this too..... Anyone?  Anyone?
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 2:41:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I am not sure what specific color is "Birdsong" OD, but
if you go to www.bravocompanyusa.com and then go to the refinishing photo page - the first couple of pictures are a OD carbine.

Link Posted: 11/6/2003 4:03:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't have a pic of the OD on an AR, but if it is anything like the Birdsong Black-T, it is worth the $ and the wait. Have it on my SA 1911, and it is very durable along with being good looking. IMHO. (I do believe his OD finish is on a SW revolver as available direct from SW)
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 6:43:33 PM EDT
[#4]
pupp86:

Yep, I'm talking about Birdsong Black T finish, except in OD Green.  I called him up today and he went over the properties of his Black T finish.  To say that I was impressed is an understatement, but I guess that's why the FBI, the military, and a slew of other federal agencies have begun to send their weapons to Birdsong.  From what he states, you don't even have to use lube anymore once this finish is applied; you can if it'll make you feel better, but it's not necessary.  At any rate, I was thinking about going with OD Green on my AR, so I wanted to see what that would look like...any pics will be appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 7:32:40 PM EDT
[#5]
urban,
I am considering the exact same finish.  If you happen to get any more info on it, would you mind emailing me?

Thx, Dawg.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 8:50:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Wilson claims also that their finish reduces friction, but I still believe that they use lubricant.

Here are some pics of a wilson combat in OD green armor tuff finish, the closest I could get to birdsong!  Looks sick doesn't it?  This is a special model with the RAS system.

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid87/pcd9c5e8de754c1fc77b51f9d73b2d583/fa9e26f6.jpg  [/img]

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid87/pd27fd44097dfe47d018b2cd2812d545b/fa9e26f9.jpg[/img]

By the way this is only my gun in my dreams. [:)]
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 9:48:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I dont have a pic of an ar. I do of a couple handguns and a shotgun and a rifle if you want.
Ive tested a few ar-15 with green-t and black-t.

I did not like it and dont recommend it. the finish didnt wear well on the ar lower. I luv the finish on my para-ord and my 870.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 10:05:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I dont have a pic of an ar. I do of a couple handguns and a shotgun and a rifle if you want.
Ive tested a few ar-15 with green-t and black-t.

I did not like it and dont recommend it. the finish didnt wear well on the ar lower. I luv the finish on my para-ord and my 870.
View Quote

So, you didn't like the BIRDSONG song finish in OD GREEN?  Was it a BIRDSONG finish?  How did it not "wear well on the ar lower"?  And, are you saying the finish took better on the pistol and the shotgun?  
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 10:07:06 PM EDT
[#9]
MurdochsM4:  Thanks for the pic! It does look nice.  I don't know how good the Wilson compares to the BIRDSONG BLACK T or OD GREEN finish, though.  To tell you the truth, I think I heard it wasn't as good.  Anyone?
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 2:03:40 PM EDT
[#10]
last Christmas, I took some photos of mine; maybe by this Christmas I'll get around to posting them
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 2:09:02 PM EDT
[#11]
[snoopy]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top