Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/5/2003 7:35:47 PM EDT
All things being equal, (length, weight, shooter, optics) ACCURACY WISE would you guys give the edge to a Shaw barreled rifle or to a RRA barreled rifle? Who makes RRA's barrels?
Thanks,
dc  
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 8:20:44 PM EDT
[#1]
can't tell ya which is more accurate (if one even is), but the RRA's have wilson barrels (i believe) as do the m&a uppers.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 9:44:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I know Model1sales uses E.R. shaw cuz I asked em.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 3:41:07 AM EDT
[#3]
rra barrels are made by Wilson. I like the Shaw barrels. I've had better accuracy results from the shaw barrels.  I've never had a RRA Wilson barrel, but I've had a couple Wilsons from other aftermarket co. Was not impressed. However I have heard alot to good things about RRA's and I have there lowers on most of my AR's. Confused yet. my $.02 buy Shaw barrels and RRA lowers!!!
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 3:51:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Well dumb me. After I posted this question on here I went to the RRA website and low and behold it says right there they use Wilson barrels. duh.
Well unless some guys get on here screaming WILSON, WILSON IS HANDS DOWN MORE ACCURATE I think I'll go with a J&T kit simply for the Shaw barrel.
Any other opinions out there on Wilson vs Shaw fellas?
Thanks,
dc
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 7:00:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I've had 3 JT kits with stanless heavy barrels from ER Shaw. 22" and 2x 16". They all shoot under MOA with decent ammo. They could probably push 1/2moa if I really worked it.  I've had 2 Wilson barrels and someone else had a Wilson barrel on here I talked with about a year ago. All where pooh pooh for accuracy.  I have heard people talk about the RRA's shooting very well, but my experience with the Wilson's has been negative.  I personally would opt for the JT or Model 1.  I have never gotten a complete kit from Model 1, but everything I've gotten from them so far has been top quality.  JT kits where very good and I really liked the Colt trigger groups that come in there kits. Nice for a standard trigger setup.  The only draw back with JT was the color of the takedown and pivot pin. The machining was good, but the color was bad. looked like a rusty blue.  I talked with them so maybe they have fixed that since then. They are very good to work with. Both model 1 and JT.  RRA will cost more.  A couple of my friends are die hard RRA fans so I hope they don't catch me making this post!!![banana]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top