Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/5/2003 7:18:16 PM EDT
As always, thanks for looking

I have a 37mm AR mounted flare launcher that I used to bring out with me on my boat.

After my daughter was born in 1998 I sold the boat and no longer need a flare launcher. I was thinking about donating it to my father's PD for his troops to use as a gas gun.

My question is, is a 37mm flare launcher compatible with 37mm gas canisters? It is currently in storage and I can't remember the brand name, otherwise I'd try to find some sort of reference materials online.

Thanks in advance for your help!!
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 7:27:26 PM EDT
[#1]
The 37mm flare launchers, as I have heard, cannot handle the gas canisters safely, as there is the potential for a KaBoom.  One is only supposed to use flares, or maybe smoke 'bombs' from the 37mm flare launchers made for ARs.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 7:37:18 PM EDT
[#2]
In Bushmasters catolog it spacificaly states that you can't use gas canisters in it.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 7:48:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
In Bushmasters catolog it spacificaly states that you can't use gas canisters in it.
View Quote

Yes, in fact I saw that one earlier tonight.

I wish I had the launcher here because the version I have isn't the same as the Bushy version. It came with the hardware and handguard for AR mounting, but it also came with a seperate buttstock to be used as a standalone unit.

This weekend I'll head over to the storage unit and dig it out. Knowing the brand name would probably help immensely.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 7:55:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Perhaps Bushmaster is talking about only that specific launcer.

I know for a fact that they sell 37mm gas canisters, and I'm pretty sure they make compatiable launchers for them.
Check out this site for more info:

[url]http://37mm.com[/url]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top