Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2003 10:08:25 AM EDT
I just received this repro stock from Greeno. HE is selling them in the EE. I put it on my M4 and it fits fine. As you can see in the pictures it has a little shine to it. It seems to be well made and the battery storage tubes have O rings on the caps. I will put it through the ringer this weekend as I just put a PRI fat boy gas tube and Flip-up front sight on.  See pics below>>>>

PIC of my M4 with crane repro collapsed.

Close up of stock collapsed!

stock fully extended!

note the shine!!

Does anybody no how I can paint this thing to match my ergo grip and handguards???
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 10:51:50 AM EDT
[#1]
some Krylon Ultra flat will take the shine right out of it.

is the stock for airsoft guns?
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 11:19:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice illegal stock you have there!

[url]http://www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=173416&page=2[/url]

Did ya try the 1 meter drop test yet?

[url]http://www.airsoftplayers.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=30&whichpage=2[/url]
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 11:35:22 AM EDT
[#3]
What kind of flash hider do you have on that?  Or is it a brake?  Does the PRI flip-up front sight have a bayo lug on it?
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 5:32:05 PM EDT
[#4]
It might be a pre-ban.

the flash hider looks like its the one from AAC that accepts a OD supressor
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 7:30:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I got my Crane knockoff from GreenO too. I read the drop test article. Stock in the drop test held up well but the latch pin bent a little. I just swapped out the plunger, spring, nut and roll pin on the Crane repro with my Colt parts. All the Colt latch hardware fit perfectly. I don`t forsee any problems with it.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 7:43:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Nice illegal stock you have there!

[url]http://www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=173416&page=2[/url]

Did ya try the 1 meter drop test yet?

[url]http://www.airsoftplayers.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=30&whichpage=2[/url]
View Quote

Uh-oh!
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 8:19:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Could someone please to me what the big deal is about a "Crane" stock?

What the heck is so special about it? How is it different/better than a conventional collapsible?

Also, please excuse my ignorance, but from what I've been reading here lately these Crane stocks are actually illegal reproductions that are intended for Airsoft toys? People are putting toy stocks on their real carbines?

Once again I'm sorry to sound like an ignorant dipshit-but this whole Crane saga doesn't make a damn bit of sense to me.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 8:59:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What the heck is so special about it? How is it different/better than a conventional collapsible?

Also, please excuse my ignorance, but from what I've been reading here lately these Crane stocks are actually illegal reproductions that are intended for Airsoft toys? People are putting toy stocks on their real carbines?

Once again I'm sorry to sound like an ignorant dipshit-but this whole Crane saga doesn't make a damn bit of sense to me.
View Quote

I can't understand either why someone would want to put a toy stock on a real gun.For that kind of $$ you could get a really decent stock made for an actual rifle.To each his own.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 9:05:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

I can't understand either why someone would want to put a toy stock on a real gun.For that kind of $$ you could get a really decent stock made for an actual rifle.To each his own.
View Quote

Well, at least I'm not the only one then [:)]
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 10:22:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

Well, at least I'm not the only one then [:)]
View Quote

While this perticular person has put a reproduction crane stock (designed for airsoft) on his rifle, there are actual crane stocks that are made by crane (that are subcontracted to ARMS and LMT I believe) that are for serious use rifles. They have mainly been seen on SPECOPS operators rifles but there have been some that have been made available to the public (not by ARMS, crane or LMT directly, but have somehow become circulated on the market). The crane stocks that are out there are selling for about $500 currently. They offer better cheak weld, and waterproof battery storage. and if you are into being a collector of want one becasue the cool guys use it then that is "the stock" to have.

However, VLTOR makes a stock very similar to the crane with the same type of triangular cheak weld and also has waterproof battery storage. It is designed for use on real rifles and is also used by many "operators". It is almost 1/3 the cost of the crane and IMO, is equal to, or better than the Crane.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 10:28:07 AM EDT
[#11]
However, VLTOR makes a stock very similar to the crane with the same type of triangular cheak weld and also has waterproof battery storage. It is designed for use on real rifles and is also used by many "operators". It is almost 1/3 the cost of the crane and IMO, is equal to, or better than the Crane.
View Quote

Ahhh, thanks for the info Wipeout [:)]
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 10:30:19 AM EDT
[#12]
I bought one of my authentic Cranes from ARMS directly. It was explained to me that they got a number of them to "evaluate" for possible future production. I know they didn't get many and when they put them up for sale, they sold out quick. You guys do realize that you put a "toy" stock on a real firearm? You probably could have bought a Vltor stock for less money. Plus it would have saved your reputation.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top