Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/5/2003 8:16:52 AM EDT
I do mean CQB (5-30 yd multiple mozambique and reactive targets, movement, rubber room sort of stuff, transition from rifle to pistol etc), Not "tactical rifle"with targets at 100-300 yds.
We do CQB at Rifle and Pistol Club at Fort Benning, GA twice/month (first Sat and second Sun).
Did internet search and found nothing else in South East.
Anyone have any info?
Thanks, George
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 1:54:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont know in GA, but FDCC has a lot of fun in North Florida...

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=10&t=174191[/url]
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=10&t=173422[/url]
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 2:24:22 PM EDT
[#2]
new-arguy,
Nice pictures and thanks for the links.  Can you tell me where you got the AR mag pouch chest rig?  I've been looking for something like that.

Wish there was a club that ran monthly matches like that in VA.  I should have gone to Black Rifle Day.
Scott
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 4:11:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
 Can you tell me where you got the AR mag pouch chest rig?  I've been looking for something like that.

Scott
View Quote

That's a CQB Solutions rig.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=90&t=177775[/url]
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 4:25:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I do mean CQB (5-30 yd multiple mozambique and reactive targets, movement, rubber room sort of stuff, transition from rifle to pistol etc), Not "tactical rifle"with targets at 100-300 yds.
We do CQB at Rifle and Pistol Club at Fort Benning, GA twice/month (first Sat and second Sun).
Anyone have any info?
Thanks, George
View Quote

And I was going to suggest Ft. Benning. [:D]

Seriously, in the southeast, FDCC and your group at Benning are the only ones that I know of that shoot on a regular basis. Me and my guys in the Augusta, Ga area are going to try and join in sometime after the new year.  We shoot a few matches a year, but would like to shoot more often and on a regular schedule.  We've got a club that has expressed interest in shooting a similar course of fire to what you do at Ft. Benning, and we've got another club that will let us "run and gun".  We're working on getting some target stands for steel reactive targets.  Stay Tuned!
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 5:13:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Me and my guys in the Augusta, Ga area are going to try and join in sometime after the new year. We shoot a few matches a year, but would like to shoot more often and on a regular schedule. We've got a club that has expressed interest in shooting a similar course of fire to what you do at Ft. Benning, and we've got another club that will let us "run and gun". We're working on getting some target stands for steel reactive targets. Stay Tuned!
View Quote

I was at the last one at Carolina Star. If I can be any help getting the next one together send me an IM. I had a great time.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 4:29:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That's a CQB Solutions rig.
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=90&t=177775[/url]
View Quote

Thanks!  
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 4:35:02 AM EDT
[#7]
If you guys do something around Augusta, I'd be interested.  I know South River hosts three-gun matches every so often.

Some of the guys in the Georgia Hometown forum participate in the three-gun matches.  Try posting something in that section.  Many of us are looking for the same kind of thing.

My wife and I are shopping for acreage.  First thing I'll do is build a range.  The new house can wait another year or two.  [:D]
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 6:36:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
....Wish there was a club that ran monthly matches like that in VA.
View Quote

Prior to 9/11 there was one.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 7:30:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Forest,
Where was that and what happened to it?
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 7:33:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Anyone have any info?
Thanks, George
View Quote

Are visitors welcome to come shoot?
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 7:42:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
....Wish there was a club that ran monthly matches like that in VA.
View Quote

Prior to 9/11 there was one.
View Quote

Strange.... seems to me there's more reason to do [b]after[/b] 9/11 than there ever was.

[whacko]

Dirk
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 11:24:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Forest,
Where was that and what happened to it?
View Quote

It was held at a Military Facility, the facility now needs those resources in the War on Terrorism.  [:(]

We are trying to put something together in MD - but the darn weather is not cooperating with the plans to expand & improve the range.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 12:40:03 PM EDT
[#13]
BookHound, we're putting together a team to travel to some of the 3-gun matches, and South River is on our list.

We used to shoot regularly sceduled tactical rifle matches at Pinetucky Gun Club.  They even had an arrangement with the local law enforcement training facility to let us use their shoot house once a quarter.  But, due to liability concerns, Pinetucky is out of the "Run and Gun" business.  I'm trying to talk them into shooting CQB matches along the lines of what they are doing at Ft. Benning.

The Carolina Star has agreed to let us hold tactical rifle matches at their facility.  We don't have any of the cool props that the FDCC guys have, but we're working on putting some matches together.

The Carolina Star is holding a charity match for Habitat for Humanity on Nov. 15.  You can check out www.csrapistol.com for all the details.  The match is designed to encourage "friendly" competition, but things have been getting fairly serious the last couple of years.  My team has won the last three matches, and we're begging for somebody to push us off the mountain [:D].  I've been told that several local law enforcement agencies, as well as SRT, are sending teams to compete.  It's a really fun day of shooting, so grab a few friends and come have a good time.

As soon as we can put together a tactical match, I'll post it on the GA forum.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 1:51:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for the info.  Please keep me advised of any shoots.  I appreciate it.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 6:15:23 AM EDT
[#15]
BTW- Fort Benning Club is open to public, not just military. Great matches- times depend on Summer or winter. Summer matches are mostly night matches.

Great facilities. Safe. Easy and inexpensive to join. One does not have to be member to shoot matches (There is a match fee for all shooters). Jim Graham is very innovative in course design.

Getting on Benning requires going through Military Police CK Point. No problem- have a drivers license (or ID) and car registration. Weapons unloaded, ammo separate, no mags inserted, no concealed carry on Federal reservations. Weapons and ammo in trunk or separated as best as can do- ie weapons in case(soft ok), ammo separate, unloaded, behind seat etc is OK in PU.

Club has website and email list for courses of fire/ date/times etc.

Give Jim or Mac a call 706-689-3371 T,Th, Fri 1200-1800, Sat 0900-1700 or Sun 1200-1700.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top