Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/4/2003 11:34:00 AM EDT
I am looking at getting either the Advanced Armament or the GG&G rail that attaches to the bottom of your standard AR hand guard via screws.  The only thing I am looking to do with it is to use a vertical grip with it.  Just wondering if anyone has this type of system and how sturdy is it.  The AAC rail used 2 screws to mount it and the GG&G uses 3.  Does this make a difference in stability?  The AAC is cheaper and extends the full length of the hand guard and the GG&G rail does not, however, do to the 3 screw mounting, I wonder if it is a little sturdier than the AAC rail.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.    
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 11:43:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd say GG&G - I've tried the AAC rail and found its a bit out of spec.  It will work for those items that 'clamp' but has problems for items that 'slide over the rail' then grip.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 11:47:27 AM EDT
[#2]
slamfire,
first WELCOME to AR15.com !!

I too suggest the GG&G rail mainly because I've used that rail and know it works.

5sub
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 11:49:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Both the AAC and GG&G rails that I have used had two screws.  But either way they are both bolted to plastic through the hest shield.  There will be a lot of movement and flex from the handguards not the rail.  I would get the AAC, cheaper and longer.  Then save for a better / more solid system.

Ray    
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 3:03:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Both the AAC and GG&G rails that I have used had two screws.  But either way they are both bolted to plastic through the hest shield.  There will be a lot of movement and flex from the handguards not the rail.  I would get the AAC, cheaper and longer.  Then save for a better / more solid system.

Ray    
View Quote

I tried the AAC rail, and know a guy who tried the GG&G rail.  We both had the same experience that Ray did.  That is why I am the proud owner of a new RAS II.  It rocks!!!!

Monty
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 6:48:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you for the info.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top