Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2003 2:45:26 AM EDT
Got an email with an ad for these today.

www.botachtactical.com/trijaccom.html

Shabo
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 7:28:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I am so going to get in trouble for this, but I'd recommend Googling or searching here and around the web for peoples...various...experiences with Botach.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 8:08:10 AM EDT
[#2]
"You gotta know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
Know when to run..."
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 9:25:18 AM EDT
[#3]
[LOLabove]
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 9:34:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I am so going to get in trouble for this, but I'd recommend Googling or searching here and around the web for peoples...various...experiences with Botach.
View Quote

I'll gladly share the trouble with you. I fully understand that business bashing is verbotten here, but hopefully an exception can be made for the worthless, thieving bastards at botach.

It was nice of dbshabo to post that info and I'm sure his heart was in the right place, but I'd just as soon [b]rot in hell[/b] than give Botach another opportunity to steal my money.

Link Posted: 11/4/2003 9:56:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I certainly didn't mean to pick the scabs off of any old wounds here. I know how highly ACOGS are regarded by many here and thought this might be a good buy. Just passing along information, not endorsing the product or distributor.

Shabo
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 10:08:16 AM EDT
[#6]
dbshabo: I suspected that, and I think others did too.  There are well-regarded dealers with similar prices to (vendorX).
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 10:09:00 AM EDT
[#7]
I certainly didn't mean to pick the scabs off of any old wounds here.
View Quote

Please accept my apology if you felt that my venom was directed toward you in any way.

It wasn't [:)]

I'm in the market for an ACOG myself and given what these damn things cost I certainly appreciate someone who is kind enough to take the time to post a good deal.

I'm still trying to come to grips with the notion that the ACOG TA11D/ARMS #19s combo is actually more expensive than the M4 carbine it will be mounted to [:D]
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 10:35:41 AM EDT
[#8]
I just bought some ammo from them two weeks ago...took a week to get it but thats fine with me. Good ammo at a great price. Sometimes its all good ...sometimes..maybe a problem or two.
 Joel
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 10:46:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Who has similar prices?
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 10:54:43 AM EDT
[#10]
I love how we bash gunsnet.net for "business bashing" then turn around and attack Botach! Funny thing is everytime one of these replys come up attacking them, 75% of the replies are of good expierences!
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 11:39:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Ya know, I have gone thru several "moods" when it comes to Botach. At first (back in the mid to late 90's), I loved Botach to DEATH! Great prices, great service, etc. Then, over the last few years, I have hated them with a passion. I recently gave them another chance (they were the only ones who supposedly had an item I wanted in stock. Plus, you know their prices are great most of the time) and they failed miserably. However....they got a new customer service person who went out of her way to make it right. So....hopefully (big hope there) things will change for the better at Botach. I won't bet the farm on it, but, I'll give them another shot down the road.....
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 12:44:25 PM EDT
[#12]
I've ordered from Botach numerous times; everything from multiple IMI ammo orders to Uzi barrels to a compact ACOG (several years ago).  

True, they are not very skilled at telling you when an item is out of stock, but other than that I've had no problems.  

The trick with Botach is to order from the same person each time and if you ever have a problem, speak to that person only.  Albert and Efraim have both been good to me.  In fact, about a month ago I had to return an Uzi topcover because it was the wrong item and Albert handled it very promptly without any problems.

Botach is no MSTN in the service department, but if you're smart about it and stay on top of them, I've found them to be more than adequate.

Just make sure that the item you're ordering is in stock.

Josh
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 1:35:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 9:42:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Thats a great deal on ACOGs and one thing I can say about Botach is they do offer good deals. Actually coming through on the deals is another story all together. There is no "trick" to ordering from Botach. They dont care about you. This does not mean every deal will go bad or they will always screw you over. But it does mean they dont give a crap if they do and they have screwed enough people over enough times so that no one, on any board, anywhere can post anything about Botach without getting a ton of bad press. Buyer Beware. Botach is evil!
[devil]
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 10:11:59 PM EDT
[#15]
[size=6]IBTL[/size=6]
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 3:28:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Run Forest, Run........[peep]IBTL
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 4:32:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Duplicate topic.

I ordered an ACOG from them on The day I received the ad. It shiped that night. Price was $224.00 less than SWFA.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 7:05:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 8:28:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top