Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2003 3:43:19 PM EDT
Hi guys! I have a couple of questions for you. I have an old Colt SP-1 Upper reciever and I was thinking of putting one of Bushmaster's Disippator barrels on it. Does anyone know if I would have any difficulty fitting a Bushy barrel on this upper? If you could provide some answers here I'd appreciate it. I have heard that with new Colt stuff they are making it out of spec so you can't mix and match parts, not sure if is true or not and if so whether it extends to older recievers.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 4:12:18 PM EDT
[#1]
You should have no problems swapping the barrels on your upper. I don't believe Colt has altered their uppers from the standard specs yet.

Given how cheap uppers are though, you may want to just buy another upper. Your SP1 upper might be more valuable the way it is. You may want to check into that first.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 5:26:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Ditto; no problem.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top