Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/2/2003 3:24:39 PM EDT
any reason these might be better than the carbine length handgurads i have now? i see that bushmaster sells some, and was just wondering what the story is with them. thanks fellas.

Dagger.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 3:40:30 PM EDT
[#1]
True M4 handgaurds have double heat shields on the top and bottom pieces. This is supposed to reduce the heat felt by the hands. They are also thicker because of this reason and a lot of people find the larger style more comfortable(myself included). I am not sure if the Bushmaster ones have the double shields, but they are larger in size then the standard handgaurd.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 3:44:55 PM EDT
[#2]
interesting... so would i be able to put these on a bushmaster 16" hbar? or are they more suited for M4 profile bbls? if yes, wheres a good place to get them?
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 3:47:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Ya, double heat shield and a larger oval shape, not round.

I think it looks better and I find it more comfortable.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 3:51:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
interesting... so would i be able to put these on a bushmaster 16" hbar? or are they more suited for M4 profile bbls? if yes, wheres a good place to get them?
View Quote

You should have no problems putting them onto an HBAR rifle.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 3:51:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Other than appearance I can think of an advantage for the typical AR shooter? If you plan on adding a rail system like an a.r.m.s #39 the M4 guards are too tall and won't work.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 3:57:01 PM EDT
[#6]
The HGs bushy sell don't have double heat shields, they do fit an HBAR barrel.
I bought a set to put on my Shorty AK.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 4:07:19 PM EDT
[#7]
[url]http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/handguards/1005-914-4573.asp[/url]

Only the Colt M4 Handgaurds are supposed to have the double shields IIRC.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 4:08:15 PM EDT
[#8]
yeah i'm not planing on doing a rail system right now, just a forward grip and a light, shouldnt be a problem with M4 handguards eh?

so where's a good place to get them?
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 4:14:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Forward grip... great people to deal with.
[url]http://www.advancedarmament.com/ar-15.html[/url]
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 4:42:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Forward grip... great people to deal with.
[url]http://www.advancedarmament.com/ar-15.html[/url]
View Quote

i already have a forward grip and a rail for it, i picked it up today actually. in anycase, i checked that link, and i really like the small light and mount setup they have there but i dont see it for sale, maybe i'll have to look harder. thanks guys.

Dagger
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top