Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2003 11:29:53 AM EDT
I got my AR zeroed yesterday. It took turning the rearsight knob within 5 clicks of the side to zero it. It zeroed, but do I need to look into getting my barrel retimed to make the sight zero in the middle? Or does it matter where the rear sight is as long as it it zeroed?
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 12:37:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Ya know, i have the same issue with my 16" Olympic lightweight.  I had to set the rear site real far to the left, and the front site almost as high as I could get it without it coming out.  Anyone else know if this is a problem?
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 1:44:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Under 13 clicks is fine.  Bushmaster will take back uppers and re install the barrels if it takes more than 13 clicks to get the rifle/carbine zeroed.  It'd be nice to have the windage knob at zero clicks, but if the rifle zeroes, then don't sweat it.  "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 3:42:50 PM EDT
[#3]
sent my upper back to bushmaster,It was 22 clicks to the right to get it zeroed.They had it back to me ten days from the day I took it to the post office.Cost me fifteen bucks in shipping including $500 insurance.When I got it back it zeroed with only seven clicks of Right windage at 100yds.What they ended up doing by the looks of it is pounding out the taper pins in the FSB, realigning it ,then they took a taper drill bit and drilled the holes a little deeper then reseated the pins.Worked like a charm.
          over,Mike
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 3:55:13 PM EDT
[#4]
My Bushy A2 took 17 clicks right to zero - I sent it in to them, and had it back within 10 days - now, it's right on the money!!! I believe they replaced the indexing pin, and re-indexed the barrel...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 6:08:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Mines a JT kit that was improperly torqued before it was shipped to me ( which J&T promptly fixed as soon as I told them. Even paid for the shipping. I am happy with it.), so no policy on the factory replacement or fix.

I didnt know what else I might have to adjust windage for with Iron sights. But it shoots great, and I love it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top