Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/30/2003 8:18:41 PM EDT
I was hoping that someone could help me with some recent info on Bushmaster.

I'm getting ready to place an order for a new Bushy Superlight.

I had a Bushmaster about a year ago, and it shot way to the right (read that others had the same problem).

Has anyone had this problem recently?

Also, does the finish seem to match any better?

I saw some in the past that seem like the lower was black and the upper was purplish or greenish in color.

I appreciate the info fellas.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 4:53:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I was hoping that someone could help me with some recent info on Bushmaster.

I'm getting ready to place an order for a new Bushy Superlight.
View Quote

Great Rifle - You'll like it.

I had a Bushmaster about a year ago, and it shot way to the right (read that others had the same problem).
View Quote

Yep sometimes that occurs with Bushy.  They claim they have fixed the issue.  But every now and then you still hear a story so you never know.

The good news if you do have the issue contact them and they will pick up the upper and set it right (and they are quick about it).

Also, does the finish seem to match any better?

I saw some in the past that seem like the lower was black and the upper was purplish or greenish in color.
View Quote

Mine have always matched (black), the off color ones are fairly rare and even Colt has them occasionally.

The only times when Purple was more 'common' was during the 'rush' periods like around Y2K and just before the 94 ban.

Of course even if the color is off, the protection is the same.  Your rifle certainly doesn't care about the color and it has no bearing on functionality.  If all your going to do is hang it on a wall and look at it - then you might as well get a Colt.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 5:24:38 AM EDT
[#2]
You're not talking about the new carbon AR's Bushy is carrying now are you?
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 5:55:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I just picked up a new Bushy Superlight the end of last week as my early birthday present, and I've made one trip to the range with it already... This is the model, this pic is from Bushmaster, I have not had a chance to take any pics of my new baby yet...

[img]www.bushmaster.com/shopping/weapons/Images/pcwa2y16sl.jpg[/img]

She ran 300 rounds of Q3131a perfectly, sighted in using the IBZ and the rear required absolutely no windage correction, so I'd say atleast for me, Bushy has solved their over-torque problem.  The color of both upper and lower match exactly, a deep black...The only change I'm going to make is adding M4 handguards...

Get one, you'll love it!
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 7:02:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You're not talking about the new carbon AR's Bushy is carrying now are you?
View Quote

No bvmjethead, not the carbon series.

Darkstar, Are you using the entry stock? How is it? I think I'm gonna order mine with the Ace stubby stock, with the 1" butpad extension. That should put it at 8.25".
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 7:10:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I really thought the entry stock would be too short, but I found it surprisingly comfortable... I do believe that spacers are available to extend the stock somewhat and I may pick the extender up just to play with it... The day I was at the range I was wearing a heavier coat so that is a factor.  

Considering the stock was originally designed for Tac guys wearing all their Tac toys, this stock will work out great when shooting in a sub-zero Michigan winter... [;)]
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 10:06:51 AM EDT
[#6]
I just purchased a Bushmaster Modular model and the finish is excellent. No difference in between the upper and lower and not a hint of purple. the rifle is also very tight.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 10:45:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks again for the info.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 10:02:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I really thought the entry stock would be too short, but I found it surprisingly comfortable... I do believe that spacers are available to extend the stock somewhat and I may pick the extender up just to play with it... The day I was at the range I was wearing a heavier coat so that is a factor.
View Quote

You can also use the KAC single point receiver plate/assy to add another inch, plus it gives you a ambi QD swivel/eyelet mount point.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 7:00:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the info, that's exactly what I was thinking of... single point attachments are my favorite sling setup!  More AR accessories to buy, I love this addiction...

edited due to lack of coffee...
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 9:08:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You can also use the KAC single point receiver plate/assy to add another inch, plus it gives you a ambi QD swivel/eyelet mount point.
View Quote

AK_Mike,
I'm not familiar with this KAC set-up.  Any pics or a link ??

Thanx !

5sub
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 8:26:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, I was about to say, Hell Yeah!  Then post a pic I was going to steal from MSTN.  MSTN was selling this very combo (ARFX-E + KAC Single Pt. Sling Mount) but it looks like they are no longer advertising it. [:(]  I'll ask Wes to see if he can post the pic for us.

Ah, double heck.  It was the RRA Entry stock + KAC that MSTN was advertising, and even then there was no picture.  Sorry!!! SOL...

Also, there probably wouldn't be many ARFX-E + KAC combos cause the ARFX stocks (at least the non entry versions) already have a forward sling swivel mount.  But it's really cool on a standard entry stock!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top