Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/29/2003 1:37:44 PM EDT
For those who do not know, a Fobus G27 is an AR15/M16 pistol grip made by First Samco and IS totally relevant to the AR discussion Board!!!!!!!!!! And NOT the handgun section.
Anyway, what is the purpose of the "screw" in the removeable plug in the bottom of the grip?

It doesn't seem to do anything when turned!

Link Posted: 10/29/2003 1:42:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I noticed the locked topic and that it was relevant.

[b]Hawkeye[/b] trying to catch up with Troy in a hurry? [;D]
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 1:42:44 PM EDT
[#2]
OK, so sue me. I was thinking Fobus holsters and G27 = Glock 27. My mistake. Dont get yer panties in a wad. A simple IM and I'd have gladly unlocked the other.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 1:48:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Understood!
Actually for some reason I'm not able to IM from work.

I just want an answer [:(]
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 1:49:17 PM EDT
[#4]
rag, I've got the G27 and LOVE it.  I don't even use the screw on the cap.  However, when I turn mine it does tighten up the plug in the grip.  Your's doesn't?
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 2:03:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Understood!
Actually for some reason I'm not able to IM from work.

I just want an answer [:(]
View Quote

No prob.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 2:05:14 PM EDT
[#6]
No, it really doesn't tighten.
It may be seated wrong because it doesn't seem to fit flush with the contour, it gets kind of crooked when turned.

I assumed that's what it was for though.

Link Posted: 10/29/2003 2:29:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I wondered the same thing...it looks to me like it tightens the seal a little when you turn the screw...given the storage potential in the G27, I assumed it was to make sure the plug didn't come out, and all your spare batteries or whatever go flying.  

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top