Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/29/2003 1:18:48 PM EDT
While cleaning my new Preban Colt Sporter target, and my friend his Postban Colt H-BAR Comp. target. (both about the same condition)we mixed up the bolt carrier assemblies. One bolt has M P C etched into it the other has M P V C in white. Anyone know which one goes to which weapon?  Thanks, You guys are great!! I have learned so much here...
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 1:45:08 PM EDT
[#1]
IT does not matter at all.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 2:36:24 PM EDT
[#2]
"MPC" came from the oldest firearm.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 2:40:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank You SBR7!! I was concerned about head space.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 3:02:48 PM EDT
[#4]
If you mixed up the CARRIERS, it doesn't matter.

If you mixed up the BOLTS, headspacing should be checked with a gauge before you fire the rifles again, just to be safe.

You might be able to determine which goes where by very thoroughly cleaning the barrel extension lug area and the bolt face and lugs as well, and matching up the wear marks.   It could work.  If one pairing clearly shows matching wear marks and a different pairing shows wear marks that DON'T match, then apparently the first pairing is the right one.

CJ
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top