Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/28/2003 7:35:17 PM EDT
Should we start a list of our pet loads for our AR-15's??

My rig is a fairly stock Colt MTC H-BarII  16" 1/9" Barrel w/Free-Floating Handgaurd, Leupold 4.5-14x40 Tactical  or Eotech 551 w/NV,  (Depending on how close, and/or fast the target is!!)

My most accurate load is as follows:

Brass:  Remington
Primer: CCI BR-4
Bullet: Serria 63gr. Semi-Pt. #1370 (BC .231)
Powder:  2230
Weight: 24.5 grains
OAL: 2.265"
MV: 2800 fps
ME: 1,097 ft.lbs.

This is "BY FAR" the best combo I have found for my set-up.
 If you haven't tried the Serria 63gr. Semi-Point bullet, you could very well be missing out on a real find.
 Loaded at 2.265" OAL, in my rig the ogive of this "Semi-Pointed" bullet is within 1/32" of the barrel lands when chambered at full battery...., while the OAL is still short enough to fit & funtion perfectly in all my mags!!!

.5" MOA 5-groups all day long in my rig,  with groups as tight as .25" MOA on an very steady day!!

"If you're a varmit, be afraid....., be very Afraid!!!"

I'm always game to try something new....., Watcha' Got???

RU4FREEDOM-out
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 8:13:42 PM EDT
[#1]
This is my current favorite by far:

Brass: Federal
Primer: Federal
Bullet: Nosler Ballistic Tip 55 Gr. Spitzer #39560
Powder: IMR 4320
Weight: 27 grains
OAL: 2.260"
MV: 3075 fps
Chamber pressure: 50300(cup)

.5 MOA all day long, but currently limited by my shooting ability. My new bipod will hopefully improve it.

So far this is the most accurate load I've ever tested in a scoped Colt 6601 20" HBAR. My press is a Dillon 550b.

[img]http://home.comcast.net/~cjan99999/Dillon1.JPG[/img]

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top