Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/28/2003 6:54:00 PM EDT
I am somewhat intrigued by this "pistol."  Although I see no practical reason for owning it, I think it's just cool as hell.
Anyone have one?  Any thoughts on the design?

TIA for any input,  Tom
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 7:26:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't see the point.....calling it a pistol is goofy.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 7:32:39 PM EDT
[#2]
The barrel is to short for the 5.56 round to reach 2700 FPS.
As such no fragmentation, ergo: poor stopping power.
But as a cool range toy, what the heck.
If you got the money to burn, get it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 9:01:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Consider it a .22 Magnum that is bigger, heavier, A $H!T load more muzzle blast & flash, more recoil, and a 30 round magazine.

Its a toy - and a very noisy toy at that.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 5:24:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies.  I agree that it's a pretty impractical piece.  I've read some of the other threads and posted this in hopes of picking up input from the stragglers.

If I were to buy one, I think it would sit in the gun safe with it's cousins and remain largely un-used.  But, for those days of fun, sticking a 20, 30 or a 40 up the can and having the ultimate hi-cap "pistol" intrigues me.  Perhaps though, it would just look silly sitting in the rack.

Now I just need to see if the "cool-factor" overcomes the "(im)practicality factor" for my money to go away.

Thanks again and if there are any other thoughts on the matter, please keep them coming.

Tom
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 2:44:21 PM EDT
[#5]
If you had any doubts about wanting a P97 . . .

[img]http://www.shafted.org/images/ryan/P97Complete.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 3:50:06 PM EDT
[#6]
So Death,

Tell me what you think of it???

Tom
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 4:03:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the old Pro Ord Carbon 15 pistol. It is very fun to shoot, and accurate. As far as a real use, I would say that helicopter/jet pilots could use it as a survival tool if supplied with a supressor. Think about this. How many ARs can you shoot one handed while driving? Talk about an anti-carjack devise!
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 5:14:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
How many ARs can you shoot one handed while driving?  
View Quote

All but the HBARS.  Both my M4 and my Lightweight carbines can be fired one handed - that's one of the great advantages of the AR15 system.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 8:46:16 PM EDT
[#9]
[puke]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top