Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/27/2003 5:38:28 PM EDT
The Colt MT6400 has really caught my eye and I've been really impressed with Colt's quality on my NRM 1991.My problem is I'm pretty tight on cash and would have to sell my only AR, a preban PWA with DPMS M4 upper to get the $$ to buy one.Am I crazy for wanting to sell my only preban AR?Having a preban just in case things don't turn out the way everyone wants them come Sept is a good idea but I sure wouldn't mind owning another Colt.Right now I could deal with a non-collapsible stock and just replace the Colt comp for a more unP/C brake.What would you do in my shoes?
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 6:25:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Think about this.  Come Sept.'04 the ban will sunset. If it's not replaced they you can pick up another pre-ban(or even build a new one)then. On the other hand if a stricter law gets passed then it'll probably ban ALL AR's so pre or post you'll be screwed.  I'd go for it if it's what you want.  I just traded off a very nice AK set up for an 1863 Sharps copy(paper ctg. ,.54cal percussion) made in the late 1970's by Garrett Arms.  Some would think me crazy swaping a 30rnd. semi-auto for a single shot black powder gun, but it's what I wanted so I traded.  Talk to ya' later.  TN.Frank
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 6:30:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, you are crazy, but it has nothing to do with your choice of firearms.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 6:35:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Nobody is gonna ban AR's........

At the most they would ban future manufacture.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 7:30:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Buy the Colt. The prebans will be worth shit next year. Get what you can for it know while it's value is artificially inflated.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top