Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/27/2003 1:26:16 AM EDT
I was at the Range yesterday and I saw a guy
bump firing an OLYMPIC ARMS AR,Sounded Real good.Tried it with my COLT M4 and it just wouldn't do it.Asked him about it he said he's got a couple of AR's and the OLYMPIC ARMS AR
is the only one he can bump fire ? something
Different about OLYMPIC ? can I add some  of their parts to my COLT to get it to Bump ? If so what parts ? anyone Know ? Thanks.....
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 1:31:42 AM EDT
[#1]
For the love of [b]god[/b] do [b]NOT[/b] change parts in your Colt [:D]

View [url=http://lifelibertyetc.com/RangeBag/Video/LLE_Bump_Fire_Academy.avi]this video[/url] for instructions

If you don't have Divx 5 [url=http://www.divx.com/divx]get it here[/url]
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 1:31:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Factory OAI rifles tend to have smoother triggers. This due to their manufacturing processes.

The trigger on your Colt is probably heavier.

That said, ANY semi long arm, and quite a few pistols, can be bumped. Just takes practice. I watched a friend bump his Saiga 12 gage a couple of weekends ago. Another fella bumped a Garand and an M1A.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 2:03:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I Didn't change anything in my COLT except I did that 15 min. trigger fix,I have extra springs tho if I want it back to stock,I was just curious........
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 5:19:48 AM EDT
[#4]
My bushmaster trigger sucks but dumping 30 round mags in less that 3 seconds poses no problem, try putting your finger through the trigger guard and hooking it on a belt look.  Pull the handguards forward and keep you trigger hand still.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top