Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2003 2:10:10 PM EDT
I have not shot any of my firearms for over 6 months...just so busy with work and on the weekends I have other things to do i.e. college football games. I feel guilty especially for my M4, it's became a Safe Queen! Do i need to worry about any maintence, it's all lubed with FP-10 CLP.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 2:40:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I would think it would be ok. However why not pull it out of the safe & fondle it during the game. Ya know becomming one w/ the weapon, an extension of your body. Have you hugged your rifle today ? It just wants to be held !!!!!

.........Paul

Edited 'cause I kant spell
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 2:42:41 PM EDT
[#2]
send them to me, I'll see they get some range time [:D]
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 2:45:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I think with all the security at the football stadium, an M4 is on there "what not to bring" list [:D]
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 3:06:32 PM EDT
[#4]
sounds like you need some professional help...get a prescription for a new ACOG or something to make them more fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 9:24:22 PM EDT
[#5]
6 months???  I would be in convulsions on the floor screaming and kicking man.  At least pet the damn things they got lonley too.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 9:27:32 PM EDT
[#6]
As absolution you must fire 10 magazines, and  perform the sacred cleansing ritual.
Now go forth and sin no more.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 9:44:23 PM EDT
[#7]
The carrier in CLP will evaporate and will not longer leave your rifle lubed after a couple months.  You need to wipe it down with CLP every couple months if you expect to be able to shoot it at a moments noticed and not have malfunctions.  Also I would not want to have forgotten some small spot I missed and let it sit for a year and eat a hole in my rifle.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 9:49:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
As absolution you must fire 10 magazines, and  perform the sacred cleansing ritual.
Now go forth and sin no more.
View Quote

As long as those ten mags are [b]30[/b] rounders [;)]

200 rounds is not sufficient penance for his sins...
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 1:13:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Eh... that's nothing... I've left a couple stainless models sit for a few years unfired, and un cleaned after their last firing...

I Joined a range a few months ago, and have already fired them and cleaned and there weren't any issues...
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 6:30:31 AM EDT
[#10]
For God's sakes man!!!

At least do some dry fire drills, or something, during commercials!!

Hell, sometimes I just get a gun out and fondle it while watching TV, it makes me feel better....

Monty
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 8:40:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Hell, sometimes I just get a gun out and fondle it while watching TV, it makes me feel better....

Monty
View Quote

I'm not the only one???  Thank God!

Brad
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 9:45:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Hail Mary, fulla grace.
Get dat AR out the fuggin gun case!!
[:D]
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 12:42:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Through the ministry of AR15.com, may God give you pardon and peace, and I absolve you from your sins, in the name of the AR, the AK, and the FN FAL.

Go in peace, and sin no more.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 6:53:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Hell yeah Brad!!

Wife walks in and I am watching the World Series fondling an AR.  She shakes her head and walks the other way.  Bulldog looks at her like: "I am no part of this shenanigan..."
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 8:02:39 PM EDT
[#15]
I think it's OK to fondle your AR while watching TV provided you are fully clothed... who knows what would happen if an anti-gun zealot got a picture of a naked man sitting on his couch watching TV with an AR on his lap... not a pretty picture.

Scot
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 7:41:44 AM EDT
[#16]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

Monty
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And all this time my wife thought she had the only nutbag who does this. I'm gonna have her read this so she doesn't feel all alone.

.........Paul
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 3:50:02 PM EDT
[#17]
HELL THAT'S NUTHIN! I'M WATCHING FOX NEWS WITH MY BUSHY AND MY COLT COMMANDER! I COULD'NT MAKE THE CHOICE. I LOVE ALL MY KIDS THE SAME.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top