Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2003 12:08:27 PM EDT
Between what has happened/happening in MD with Malvo and stories like this, I still say it's anyone's guess that it will sunset.  In fact, it could get worse.

please read.

here is the link,

http://www.msnbc.com/local/wtae/A1841485.asp
and here is the story:

"MONROEVILLE, Pa., 3:48 p.m. EDT October 22, 2003 - After viewing a surveillance videotape, police identified and arrested a suspect who allegedly robbed a convenience store with a powerful assault rifle Wednesday morning.

Robert Golofsky, 23, of the Alpine Village area of Monroeville, is accused of robbing the Sunoco A-Plus at Center Road and Old William Penn Highway around 2 a.m.

A second man, Craig Lyons, was arrested and accused of driving the getaway car for Golofsky.

An AR-15 assault rifle and a shirt worn during the robbery were recovered at Golofsky's home on Tyrolia Road, police said. The weapon was never fired and no injuries were reported.

"This (rifle) is not used for hunting. It's strictly for assault," said Monroeville police Lt. David Palermo. "It's similar to a weapon we use here at the department. This weapon shoots a round that can penetrate body armor."

Police said a Sunoco on Route 22, next to Alpine Village, was also robbed Wednesday morning. Investigators are trying to determine if there is a link between the two jobs, which happened within 20 minutes of each other and less than a mile apart."

What do you guys think?  See stories like this having an impact on "the ban" etc.

Link Posted: 10/22/2003 12:18:07 PM EDT
[#1]
LOL, so by his own admission the police are into assaulting people because they use the same weapon. As for hunting with an AR, I know alot of varmit hunters that would disagree and alot of dead praier dogs who'd love to see AR's banned. Talk to ya'll later.  TN.Frank
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 12:31:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I know from personal experience that the Monroeville PD is anti gun....I don't want to get into why I know either.  Let's just say that I was told to take a walk when I wanted to go to court over something.

That being said that article came from WTAE news, which like most news outlets here in western PA is mostly hanging to the left.  

A lot of guys I know here locally, and I am sure a lot of others on this board have as well, just don't get why I or you should have an AR15 or AK.  

I also checked the other two major news outlets in PGH and found this http://www.wpxi.com/news/2572396/detail.htmlstory about the same crime.  It also has "assault weapon" in it.  Read this [url=http://www.post-gazette.com/columnists/20030903gene0903fnp1.asparticle[/url] to see a sportwriter's opinion on guns in general, and it ain't no better!

Keep writing your reps, speak the truth, and pray, because it can always get worse.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top