Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/21/2003 8:51:44 AM EDT
I’m confused about the assault weapon ban.  I’ve heard a couple different stories and need to set the record straight.  From my understanding the assault weapon ban is going to expire come September 2004.  This is a federal law that is going to expire.  How is this going to effect people in California ?  
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 8:57:16 AM EDT
[#1]
You live in Kalifonistan, you screwed.  Sorry.

[image]http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/armed/punchout.gif[/image]
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 9:02:34 AM EDT
[#2]
So, the expiring federal law isn't going to change or overrule the state law.... ?  I've heard differently.  Thats why I'm confused !
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 9:03:16 AM EDT
[#3]
We Kaliban are screwed. Until the SCOTUS decides to decide, we are screwed.

For a Kali AR, your only option is the [url=gogogadgets.net]FAB-10[/url]
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 9:56:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Kali people have two hurdles to jump, First is Federal, Second is state.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 11:04:40 AM EDT
[#5]
This is our only hope in Kaliforniastan [v]

[URL=http://www.keepandbeararms.com/Silveira/default.asp]Silveira v. Lockyer[/URL]

Is everyone here familiar of this case, if not you really need to learn about it? This could very easily be the most important supreme court case concerning our 2nd amendment rights "to keep an bear arms" in history. It is a true focused 2nd amendment case. Its effects could be enormous either way, depending upon how it is ruled...

This lawsuit needs the financial support of gun owner’s nation wide. We need to help them to make sure all of the work is done correctly and in time to be applied in a looming Supreme Court decision on the Second Amendment. We do want to WIN this case, right?

For more information [URL=http://www.keepandbeararms.com/Silveira/default.asp]go here[/URL]
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 11:14:00 AM EDT
[#6]
What everyone else is saying is correct.  It is only a federal law that will be expiring, each state ban will stand unless repealled or there was a sunset on them too.  Places like California and New York are getting screwed over on this, since our bans are permanent.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 11:19:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Kali people have two hurdles to jump, First is Federal, Second is state.
View Quote

Don't forget the sheeple, AKA the moronic masses that oppress our Pro-2nd brothers in CA with their tragic ignorance.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 11:59:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Ahhh, California... the land of fruits and nuts!
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 12:04:40 PM EDT
[#9]
does kalifornistan have a say towards the sunset of the federal AWB? Or are they excluded because they have their own ban?
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 12:11:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
does kalifornistan have a say towards the sunset of the federal AWB?
[blue]Other than their two Senators & their Congressmen, no. Unless some nut in CA shoots up another school, of course.[/blue]

Or are they excluded because they have their own ban?
[blue]No one is excluded from a Federal Ban, witness prohibition back in the 1920s. State bans CAN go further than a Federal Ban & have.[/blue]

View Quote
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 1:16:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Know why it's so windy here in Tennessee?
Because the Gun Laws in Califorina Blow and the ones in New York Suck.
I feel sorry for ya' pard, best advice is to move to AZ. and fight to take back your rights from a more "gun friendly" state. Talk to ya' later.  TN.Frank
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 1:39:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 2:55:28 PM EDT
[#13]
With idiot criminals like John Muhammed and his litle freaked out Jamican sidekick running around commiting murder with AR's, it will be a cold day in hell before the federal AWB will go away.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 4:08:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
With idiot criminals like John Muhammed and his litle freaked out Jamican sidekick running around commiting murder with AR's, it will be a cold day in hell before the federal AWB will go away.
View Quote

Weather Forecast:

Hell freezing over on 9/13/04.

Another thought for Kali, use the expiration of the ban to lobby for a repeal of your state law. Momentum will be very high, and might be the best opportunity. Of course, if you do not try, you will not succeed.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 5:00:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Ahhh, California... the land of fruits and nuts!
View Quote

Reminds me of a joke I heard a while back:

Why are California Politicians like a bowl of Cereal?

Because what ain't fruits and nuts is flakes...

ok very bad joke I know...
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 5:31:17 PM EDT
[#16]
I hope you are right Renegade.  I just don't see it happening especially on an election year.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top