Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/21/2003 5:13:54 AM EDT
Man--you won't guess what happened.  Cutting out a lot of details, I've been looking for my first AR and got a lot of great feedback from the members here.  I had decided on an RRA lower/upper bought seperately to save $$$$.  I called a dealer in town and he actually had one in stock and his best price was $899 and he would mount a scope for me.

On the way to look at it I stopped by the Busnell headquarters to see what they had.  I was looking at the Elite 4200 6X24X40 for somewhere around $370 with tax.  Anyway after I paid for it I asked, "Does anyone know somebody interested in an SKS?"  The clerk said, "ME!"
He ended up refunding me the $370 and sold the Elite to me for $160 and he took the SKS and let me keep the 4X12 on it. WOW!!

Went on out to the gun store and picked up the RRA AR 20" heavy.  Didn't have time to go to my favorite spot so I drove out to a local lake to the public hunting and discovered that "NO TARGET PRACTICE ALLOWED"  Crap I've got to shoot this thing before dark and I have about an hour.

Finally found a farmer that let me shoot as a "One time deal".  Got the rifle shooting 100yrds where all three shots would hit your thumb if holding it up.  This was shoot out the truck window using the window and mirror for support------man I am thrilled.

So last night I asked the wife if she would sleep on the floor and let me lay the AR on the pillow-----"Boys and their toys!"

This morning I woke up at 4am and couldn't sleep thinking about the gun so I went downstairs and just held it.  I can't wait for this weekend to really get some shooting in.

Thanks for everyone's advice a guidance!!!!!  It is by far the most awesome gun I've ever fired!

Jim
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 5:38:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome! If you live in the Kansas City area let me know I'll tell you where I go. My wife is jelous of my AR's too.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 6:28:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Knightstar--
I am in KC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Jim
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 6:35:59 AM EDT
[#3]
So last night I asked the wife if she would sleep on the floor and let me lay the AR on the pillow-----"Boys and their toys!"
View Quote

jimn--  Have you considered therapy?
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 7:01:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Ever been to parma woods range off of I-435? Mo dept of conservation ownes it. Spent about 2 million on it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 7:04:21 AM EDT
[#5]
P.S., theropy dosn't work only the smell of XM193 will help me.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 7:38:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Knightsar--
NO I haven't.  I live in Olathe and there is a shooting range off west Shanee Mission Park.  A lot of times I'll go to public ground and shoot.
Jim
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 8:31:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I also live Olathe! Small world. http://www.conservation.state.mo.us/areas/ranges/parma/ This is where I go.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 8:52:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Grats on the new rifle!

I'm sure you won't be disappointed with it and will enjoy shooting it for many years to come.

[beer]
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 9:03:46 AM EDT
[#9]
congrats on a great rifle!
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 1:28:12 PM EDT
[#10]
This thread is worthless w/o pics of your wife or the gun!   [}:D]
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 1:33:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Knightstar--
I am in KC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Jim
View Quote

Sorry off topic.

I was born in Kansas City and still have relatives there.  My mouth waters thinking about all that barbeque down their.[^]  They can't get it right in Minnesota.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 1:37:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Shoulda called in sick today.

Shooting the AR would make you feel better!

Enjoy that EBR!

Danny
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 1:48:17 PM EDT
[#13]
ok i admit ar15's are sexy...but you kicked your wife out to sleep with it?  that's just wrong.  you could have at least made it a threesome.
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 5:56:23 AM EDT
[#14]
BOBCOLE--
At least you are honest.  I think you would like both.  Unfortunately, I'm one of the few that still needs to buy a digital camera--that is next on my list.

You want to hear something sick--
Last night I rented some movies for the family.  I kept the AR close and would pick it up about every 15-20 minutes looking through the scope.  Makes you think about your first Daisy BB gun.

With all seriousness-----I am truely amazed at the quality.  No wonder they're known for great accuracy and performance.

Thanks again for everyone's advice--Jim

YES-BBQ is awesome in KC.  Just went to the AMerican Royal Luncheon yesterday and they served the best BBQ in  KC----Jackstack!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 5:58:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You want to hear something sick--
Last night I rented some movies for the family.  I kept the AR close and would pick it up about every 15-20 minutes looking through the scope.  Makes you think about your first Daisy BB gun.
View Quote

That's not sick.  We all do that.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top