Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/19/2003 8:14:28 PM EDT
   will a bushmaster, shaved front sight base, (like the one used on the V-match rifle), fit UNDERNEATH a knight's free floating ras?
   example... i want to put a medium-long ff ras on a 16in v-match rifle, and i don't want to spend the money on the knight's low profile gas block.  soooo will it fit?   thanks.

Stainless
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 10:42:32 AM EDT
[#1]
please guys, SOME ONE here has to know this.

Stainless
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 11:39:11 AM EDT
[#2]
If I remember correctly, YES. I think others have done this in the past, and one of the guys at KAC got it to work on his gun while I was there also.

Hope this helps... But have your Dremel handy, just in case.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 11:53:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't kow the answer to your question but thought I'd mention that it would help if you put the SUBJECT of the post/question in the SUBJECT line. This way people who might know would see this post and answer.

I've been in the same sitaution where you are now and all I needed is a simple answer. Just a suggestion. [:)]
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 11:58:31 AM EDT
[#4]
THellURider - i agree totally, BUT, that's what i had, and no one answered, so i thought this would get more peoples attention.  :)
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 12:17:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Havent tried it, but I do believe it will work. I know that the Bushmaster shaved front site WILL fit under a slimline SIR, so I am presuming it will work under a FF RAS. I think there's more room between the barrel and handgaurds on a FF RAS anyway. So I think you will be good to go.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 2:07:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I believe you are going to have to contour the Bushmaster shave front sight a little to get is to fit.  If you are handy with a dremel tool or patient with a file, you should be able to get it to fit just fine.

southern
[url]www.danieldefense.com[/url]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top