Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/19/2003 6:40:31 PM EDT
Well after years of fighting the feeling, I finally did it and brought home a Colt.  It is a postban 6700 with the detachable carry handle and 20" Barrel.  I got it for 879 at the Local Gun Show.  I think I didn't do too bad.  

Since I just got this thing, is there any quality control issues I should be worried about?

Thanks

Max

Link Posted: 10/19/2003 7:33:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't know about any Colt QC issues but congrats on the purchase!

[beer]

May you and your new rifle have many good times together!

Oh yeah, where are the pics??  [:)]
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 9:50:13 PM EDT
[#2]
So, whats your next one gonna be??
Trust me... There will be more... its inevitable..
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 9:57:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So, whats your next one gonna be??
Trust me... There will be more... its inevitable..
View Quote

Yep. They multiply like rabbits.

Edit: A Colt 6700 retails for $1049, so you did well [:)]
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 10:50:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Last year I bought a Post Ban 20"A2 BM. Now 1 yr later.. 20"A2 BM...11.5" Pre Ban Oly... Another BM Preban thatll be an NFA item.. Just like Chris Farley of SNL used to say " I CANT STOP!!!"     John
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 12:48:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Max,

Sounds like a great buy.

I’d like to have one of those too and have been hoping for a similar deal with $850 in mind, but I’d bought it for $879, that’s a good deal.

The rifle shouldn’t have any QC problems, shoot it and see.

Best regards, J

Link Posted: 10/20/2003 12:52:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I paid the same for mine. It was the best price that I could find and I busted my ass trying.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 1:30:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Great rifle, great price.
So, what's your next one going to be?
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 3:20:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks gents.  I have been thinking about getting a bushmaster superlight weight or something.  You guys are right, these things multiply like rabbits.  I have looked and purchase other rifles, but the mainstay is always the M1A and the AR15.

I have 2 lowers I haven't completed yet and would like to have an SPR and maybe a retro A1 Style postban rifle.

The AR10 has some potential as well.  I like those and I am looking into that as well.

I have to say I have a learned allot about the AR15 site because of all of the great members here.  Most of my purchases were from the information that I was able to obtain from fellow board members.  

I don't have a digital camera, but that next on my list.

Thanks again guys.

[marines]
max
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 6:57:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thanks gents.  I have been thinking about getting a bushmaster superlight weight or something.  You guys are right, these things multiply like rabbits.  I have looked and purchase other rifles, but the mainstay is always the M1A and the AR15.

I have 2 lowers I haven't completed yet and would like to have an SPR and maybe a retro A1 Style postban rifle.

The AR10 has some potential as well.  I like those and I am looking into that as well.

I have to say I have a learned allot about the AR15 site because of all of the great members here.  Most of my purchases were from the information that I was able to obtain from fellow board members.  

I don't have a digital camera, but that next on my list.

Thanks again guys.

[marines]
max
View Quote

You can use a film camera and have them put them on a floppy as well as prints for $3 extra or so, at walgreens or wherever you go. WE NEED PICS!
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 9:49:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the input.  Now I have been eyeballing a preban Colt Blue Label.

Will this madness ever stop?

Max
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top