Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2003 9:01:34 PM EDT
Has anyone ever seen or heard of the M16A1 comic like manual. It was handed out by the army in late 60's to our troops.
Does anyone know where I get one?
Are they worth the trouble and mney to find one?
Thanks..
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 9:10:33 PM EDT
[#1]
[url=http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=91927]Sportsman's Guide[/url] sells reprints.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 9:10:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quite common at gunshows in the Midwest, run about $5. There were at least 2 versions that I remember. Humourous actually, you need to see one. I am sure if you contact the "book" dealers in TX you will get one.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 9:37:45 AM EDT
[#3]
i got mine from SG, pretty interesting, ya can tell it was written in the 60s. lol
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 9:41:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the PDF of it... found it two days ago actually, what a coincidence...
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 9:52:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Does the Army still do comic books?Remember the big titied khaki wearing blonde?
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 11:33:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Scott Duff has had a few originals in the past.  He had both the 1968 and the 1969 version.  

http://www.scott-duff.com/

bob
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 1:48:52 PM EDT
[#7]
When I got out in 1989 they still had the book . It always had a weapon system maintance in it and vehicle maintance in it.I always liked it and it had good info in it. WarDawg
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 2:04:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Does the Army still do comic books?Remember the big titied khaki wearing blonde?
View Quote

Now its called PS or PM Magazine.  Stands for "Preventive Services" or "Maitenance", can't quite remember.
Probably the most read technical publication in the history of the Army.  Each monthly issue had not just weapons and ordnance notes, suggestions, changes, new parts announcements, do's & don't, etc., but also cover motor transport, comm, helo's, everything.
Unfotunately "Connie" lost her cleavage due to "political correctness" during the late 70's I think.  However, "Ol Sarge" still sports his chest hair.
I remember the M16 issue from the Nam.  Had one given to me to help instruct my platoon.  No doupt it saved some lives.  The back inside cover had a spread on the XM177E2.  Gave it to my replacement when I rotated out.  He didn't last a week, so I never got it back (along with a bunch of other stuff) that he was going to mail to me later.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top