Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/18/2003 9:21:04 AM EDT
My neighbor just put a deposit down on one of these (his first AR-15, he turned 18 a few weeks ago).  He is now having a little buyer's remorse because the dealer told him that regular M16/AR15 mags will not work in this firearm.  Does anybody know if this statement is accurate or not?  He would like to know before the firearm arrives at the dealer so he can cancel his order.  Someone help out a newbie!
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 9:45:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Ive never heard of an AR that wont take AR mags unless your talking about a california model FAB-10. Sounds like the deale just doesnt know what hes talking about.

To be safe better call or email oly and see what they have to say. Or wait till a CAR97 owner chimes in.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 9:46:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd bet someone is full of it on this one. Looks like any other AR on Olys website to me, but doesn't say about the mags.

Danny
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 10:16:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Have him call OLympic. They always answer the phone when I call with questions, they will dispell this nonsense. The only Olympics that dont take AR15 mags are the 9mm and .45 cal uppers, or other calibers than 5.56 (obviously).

This dealer needs to be reported to Olympic so they can set him straight.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 12:41:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Hmmmmm.....sounds like Minuteman is right.  That seems to weird to be true.  I do not have an Oly, but I do not see why it would not take AR magazines.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 12:44:03 PM EDT
[#5]
All Olys will take any AR/M16 mag except for the new ones in .30 carbine and the WSM calibers.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 12:51:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Unless he accidentally ordered one of the Airsoft M4 CAR97s, then that could be a problem.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 1:00:24 PM EDT
[#7]
He may be refering to how tight some of the Oly's are with USGI mags, but they still fit like they should.  Sounds like the dealer may not know what he's talking about.

The only Oly's that work with a mag other than USGI are the pistol caliber AR's.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 9:38:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
He may be refering to how tight some of the Oly's are with USGI mags, but they still fit like they should.  Sounds like the dealer may not know what he's talking about.

The only Oly's that work with a mag other than USGI are the pistol caliber AR's.
View Quote

I have to disagree - i have two new olympics (2003 PCRs) and they are fine with USGI and SA80 mags. The only mag that was a tight fit was a cheap bushmaster 40 round blued mag, but they were tight in my DPMS lower too.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 12:24:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I just put a deposit on this same weapon and the dealer even wanted to sell me addl mags for it 30 round usgi's
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 7:27:40 AM EDT
[#10]
This is tripe. Standard AR mags will work fine. I have sold dozens with no complaints. AND, even if you do have a problem, Oly has a lifetime warranty that has proven to be excellent.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 12:30:34 PM EDT
[#11]
i've used olyarms before they take all AR mags just fine
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top