Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/18/2003 6:56:52 AM EDT
1. Are the receivers M4 marked with the feed ramp cuts?

2.  With the sear block it has, can a two stage trigger be installed?

3.  What size fire control and front take down pins?  Do any colts use the small ones?

Thanks in advance for any help
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 7:19:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Read post ban sear block and colt m4 opinions, a few lines below this post.  It looks like the sear block is there to stay.  I believe the pins are large.  Dont see m4 marks on the receiver.

If you want a full auto colt you need a preban; if you want a fast shooting semi auto with colt quality and m4 roots, buy this one.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 7:27:26 AM EDT
[#2]
MurdochsM4;
Thanks for the reply.  I DID read the thread you mentioned and it talks about the ability to install a DIAS.  I do NOT want to do that, I want to be able to install a nice SEMI trigger.  The only M4 markings that I know of on an upper are in places that are not in the pictures in that thread.  I am hoping someone can answer these questions with some certainty.  Again, I thank you for the reply.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 4:47:08 AM EDT
[#3]
btt
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 5:26:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Recievers, Upper and Lower, are marked M4.The upper has a small "4" in front just above the gas tube. The Lower says "M4 Carbine"

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=975[/img]

The upper has extended feed ramp cuts.

The trigger shouldn't be an issue- but this will depend on the individual parts- (I haven't seen EVERY trigger! [:D])

Mine has milspec takedown pins.

It also has T markings on the flat top-

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=979[/img]

And an H buffer, and the other factory nicities like a chrome lined barrel and chamber, side sling mount-

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=980[/img]

and REAL M4 handguards. I put a SOG brake on mine, since I like the A2 look-

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=2409[/img]

Here she is in Homeland Defense config:

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=8023[/img]

[8d]
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 9:55:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Thank you very much Grock,

That was the type of information I was hoping to receive.  
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 10:32:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Grock, your M4 looks badass, how do you remove the stock colt supressor? Thanks
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 11:45:50 PM EDT
[#7]
3. What size fire control and front take down pins? Do any colts use the small ones?

Large on both questions.  Military Colts still use the smaller pins.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 12:27:29 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
3. What size fire control and front take down pins? Do any colts use the small ones?

Large on both questions.  Military Colts still use the smaller pins.

The fire control pins are still .170, but Colt did change to a standard (small) milspec front pushpin:

Occasionally I run my M4 upper on one of my preban Colt lowers because my prebans have crisp gunsmith triggers. I had get an adapter to run the small pin postban upper on the large pin lowers. It was only a few bucks at CDNN and works very well.

As far as aftermarket two-stage triggers I believe KAC is the only company who doesn't offer one for .170" H/T pins. Accuracy Speaks, JT etc offer .170" pin versions of their fire control systems.

EDIT: Hey Grock...nice rig!!
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 3:23:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Make sure with the manufacturer about if their 2 stage triggers will work in the Colt with their sear block. Some will not work unless their is major modification, some will work with minor modification and some will drop right in.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 5:33:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Again I thought those were ammo counters! [:D]
[heavy]

Edited for spelling 223spree
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 5:47:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Grock, thats one dam fine looking rifle.[:P]
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 6:12:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Grock covered it.

Mine has...
1. M4 Carbine markings with the feed ramp cuts

2. I have no idea

3. Milspec take down pins front & rear, standard Colt fire control.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 6:34:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Again I thought those were ammo counters!
View Quote

LOL! Wouldn't THAT be sweet?
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 8:05:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Grock, your M4 looks badass, how do you remove the stock colt supressor? Thanks
View Quote

Thanks for the compliment. The stock comp can be removed by driving out the roll pins with a punch. (Takes about 3 minutes)

[8d]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top