Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2003 2:12:32 PM EDT
Hello All,
I tried doing a search for what I wanted but couldn't find it, maybe it is more than 30 days old or I was just searching for the wrong text.

I also wasn't sure where this should go, ammo, barrel, sights, etc ??? Sorry if this is the wrong place.

I have a new Bushmaster 16" M4 pre-ban upper on a pre-ban Colt Sporter lower, with a ARMS #40 rear sight. I stocked up on Federal/Lake City XM193 &  Bosnia SS109. Previously my Sporter had a Match H-Bar upper.

I'm going out to shoot my new M4gery this weekend and I want to find out, if possible, what the average/approx trajectory of these two rounds will be so I can make my own improvised BSZ targets.

From research I've done the 50m/200m zero seems to be the way to go, but I want to do it at 25 yards to get it close, before I start shooting at 100yards. And if I know the trajectory I know where the POI should be in relation to my POA.

What I am looking for is a trajectory table for M193 & M855 from a 16" barrel, the finer the resolution the better like, 5m.

If someone could post this info, or point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it.

Any help would be appreciated?
Thanks for your time,

Omega_556
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 6:12:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone ???
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 8:35:01 PM EDT
[#2]
try this site.

[url]http://www.eskimo.com/~jbm/ballistics/traj_basic/traj_basic.html[/url]

You will need your load's specs.  I use 3079 ft/s, BC of 0.243 and HOB of 3.5.  the rest is self explanatory.  

Jeff D.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 9:52:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Miranthis

Where would one look to determine the BC and velocity of the Federal 193 and say the Sellior and Belliot ammo in order to use the calculator on the website. TO tell the truth I doubt I can even see a target any further than 200 yards with a 3.5 ACOG to make any kind of group at all and with irons I doubt I can still do much at 100-probably be a 4 moa group at best in either case.

Mark
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 12:57:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Omega_556,
All of that information is covered in detail at The Maryland AR15 Shooters Site [url]http://www.MD-AR15.com[/url].

Check out the zeroing section - there are some graphs showing trajectories.  There is also directions for doing the 50y/200m zero at 25 yards if you A2 type rear sights.

If you sign up as a member you can access the Documents section.  In there you can find Excel spreadsheets showing the trajectories of both M193 & M855 every 25 yards out to 500y.  They will show the trajetories for a variety of zeroing methods (hi-res graphs are included).

BTW if you have fixed sights - the round will be impacting 1.2" low at 25 yards if you want it dead on at 50 yards.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top