BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2003 8:57:18 AM EDT
Need your opinion.

Me and my friend saw this post ar15 in our local gun show,

1) Screw on baynet lug adapter (do not even know where he got it) which allow baynet be used.

2) Screw on muzzle brake (but it shall look like A2 Bird Cage Flash to me).

3) Fixed CAR Stock.

Can we still say this rifle is legal?

Link Posted: 10/17/2003 9:06:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Need your opinion.

1) Screw on baynet lug adapter (do not even know where he got it) which allow baynet be used.  [red]NO, Bayonets, BAD[/red]

2) Screw on muzzle brake (but it shall look like A2 Bird Cage Flash to me).  [red]NO, Must be permanently attached.[/red]

3) Fixed CAR Stock.  [red]OK, must be permanent modification.[/red]

View Quote
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 9:12:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Bayonet lug?  No!

Non-pinned muzzlebrake?  No!

Fixed collapsible stock?  Yes!

Survey Sez!  NO!
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 11:41:37 AM EDT
[#3]
WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!

The Store owner is the proud winner of: a 10 year vacation at the nearest state prison, loss of licence/gun rights and is banned from watching seinfeld for the next 32.7 years
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 12:37:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, at least that last thing isn't a bad deal for him.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 2:23:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Need your opinion.

1) Screw on baynet lug adapter (do not even know where he got it) which allow baynet be used.

2) Screw on muzzle brake (but it shall look like A2 Bird Cage Flash to me).

3) Fixed CAR Stock.

View Quote

Yes, the rifle is 100% legal.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 2:48:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

How do you figure that?
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 2:48:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Question... If you have a non threaded barrel, does the muzzle break need to be permanently attached? Why?
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 2:55:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

How do you figure that?
View Quote

Because it is not illegal to make an AR15 type firearm with the features described. Colt, Bushmaster, etc., just about every major manufacturer, do it everyday.

Of course, the 1994 Crime Act (along with various state and local laws), regulates WHO may OWN/POSSESS the firearm, but the firearm itself is 100% legal, and that was the question asked.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 3:11:52 PM EDT
[#9]
It could possibly be legal.

A screw on mb is LEGAL if the barrel isn't threaded.

The non detachable bayo lug can be detached for legality.

The stock is non collapsible and legal.

CRC
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 3:46:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 3:53:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Question... If you have a non threaded barrel, does the muzzle break need to be permanently attached? Why?
View Quote

No, you do not need to have a brake/compensator permenantly attatched if there are no threads under the barrel that could accept a flash supressor/grenade launcher.  I remember seeing a company that used a different thread pattern than the norm.  I'm not sure if they ever got it off the ground. In either case you can buy a brake/compensator with set screws and be perfectly legal affixing that to a plain crowned muzzle.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 7:42:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

No it does not because a post ban barrel  can not accept a flash hider or suppressor based on the std. 1/2 28 TPI threads.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top