Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2003 8:22:13 AM EDT
I've seen a few post but no answers yet.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 7:51:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't believe that Bushmaster built a rifle that needs no trick accy's.

Don't get me wrong I have 2 Bushy's and love them.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 10:38:18 PM EDT
[#2]
tiredtoolman,

what kind of accessories would you want to put on a varminter, anyway?  It's not a close range weapon, so there is no need for tac lights, lasers, or grenade launchers.  What else would you use the gun for, besides varmint hunting, target shooting, and perhaps police "sniping" ?  it's got a bipod stud, and a rail for optics...I just can't see what else you would want to put on it.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 11:07:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
tiredtoolman,

what kind of accessories would you want to put on a varminter, anyway?  It's not a close range weapon, so there is no need for tac lights, lasers, or grenade launchers.  What else would you use the gun for, besides varmint hunting, target shooting, and perhaps police "sniping" ?  it's got a bipod stud, and a rail for optics...I just can't see what else you would want to put on it.
View Quote

You really are new to this forum, right ?  We have members here that do this !!!

[img]http://pic2.picturetrail.com/VOL33/1216349/2303971/30930332.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 12:12:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn that boy needs a few more lights!

Stuh505; There's alot rifles here that are great just like they are from factory. It's just interesting some of the combinations people come up with.

Personally my varminter is stock also; bi-pod,scope,sling that's all. Just thought maybe someone put a can on one or something.

Thanks for the replies!
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 1:23:33 PM EDT
[#5]
In form and function I like my varminter the way it is completely stock.  That doesn't mean I wouldn't like to put a flip up front and rear sight on it and a rail system in place of the plain aluminum tube.  It would give it a different look and perhaps some felxibility to accesorize but you are correct it isn't an M4.
I visualize it as kind of a SR25 type thing.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 1:59:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Rocketman223

If you do please share. It's that cool factor, fun but expensive. [:)]
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 2:44:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I am not understanding what this post is about...

If you want a railed forearm get a full length KAC FF RAS and install it.  Or are you asking why doesnt Bushmaster come up with a cheap immitation of the full length FF RAS?  Or are you just asking to see pics of a Varminter configured like an SPR?
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 2:54:42 PM EDT
[#8]
G35,

indeed I am new.  but I think you just made MY point with that picture...I see 3 surefire flashlights, M900 tactical flashlight, and a reading lamp, jack knife, car ornament, compass, car keys, compass...in other words, they couldn't think of any more accessories to put on, so they had to make up fake ones.  The varminter can already have a scope...obviously it doesn't need 5 lights on it, it's not gonna be used for room clearing.  so what's something you'd wanna put on it?  I've got a bipod and a scope on mine.  I can think of more practical modifications, like cheeck rests, etc, but none of them would go on weaver rails..
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 2:59:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I hear you.  It's parting with an additional $500 or there abouts that kills me...especially when I need so many other caliber uppers...
I just fininshed an M4gery so it will be a while before I can sneak some more stuff past the wife.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 8:14:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't have a Bushmaster Varminter but I do have a couple of target/varmint rifles I set up with railed handguards.  Having the rails lets me put the bipod where ever I want it and allows me to attach a light if I'm ever varmint shooting in a place that allows it at night.

Edited to add that the railed handguards generally have better ventilation than the non-railed float tubes on the market.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top