Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2003 2:36:22 PM EDT
Their website says that it must be installed by a gunsmith. Is that just a disclaimer or is its installation different than any other collapsible stock?

Link Posted: 10/16/2003 3:55:23 PM EDT
[#1]
This may answer some of your questions
[url]http://www.mediarev.com/mss/mss_install_0503.pdf[/url]
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 4:21:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I installed mine.  It is a bit harder to install than a standard collapsible stock but just a little more time and patience required.  There are a few interlocking pieces that the directions could have been a little clearer on plus none of the shims that they included worked for my Colt, requiring careful thinning of the shims with sanding and much trial and error.

But when you're done you have the best AR stock you can get IMO.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 6:16:42 AM EDT
[#3]
It isn't as straightforward as a normal telestock; but it is simple enough that just about anybody who can use an allen wrench can do it themselves with the enclosed instructions.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 8:42:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I brought mine to the local shop and had them install it for me.  It didn't look that difficult but it is a little more involved then a standard tele-stock and I didn't want to take any chances, plus I got to show it off.  As it turned out, they needed to sand down one of the included shims to get the proper fit.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 1:03:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks as always!
Now I have to decide if I really want the M93 or the Vltor.

Link Posted: 10/19/2003 10:04:14 AM EDT
[#6]
It isn't that hard at all. If you've got a toolbox at the house that you actually use on occasion then I'd bet that you'll have no problems installing the stock.

Thanks as always!
View Quote

Drop us an email and we'll sell you both for a great price!

Michael

[email][email protected][/email]
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 1:37:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It isn't that hard at all. If you've got a toolbox at the house that you actually use on occasion then I'd bet that you'll have no problems installing the stock.

Thanks as always!
View Quote

Drop us an email and we'll sell you both for a great price!

Michael

[email][email protected][/email]
View Quote

I've met TacticalSolution before and he's a great guy and has some great products.

The Vltor is nothing but an RRA 6 position with Battery compartments, it will leave you wanting more and isn't any more solid then the RRAs. If you want a stock that feels like a fixed stock in every position I'd go with the Magpul.

They're rock solid, nuff said. [;)]

Link Posted: 10/20/2003 7:40:55 AM EDT
[#8]
I definately like the look of the M93 better.
I tried to access the Tactical Solution's website, but nothing was there!

Link Posted: 11/19/2003 8:37:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I actually have 2 Magpul stocks and installed them both myself. As everyone has said, it is more difficult to install than the standard telescoping stock but with a little time and patience, it can be done at home.

Like Curt, I had to sand the thinnest shim supplied with the kit in order to make the stock work with my Bushmaster lower. My advice here is to go slow. I ended up going too thin on one of the shims and was thankful to have 2 others as backup. On my second stock, I sanded down one of the shims perfectly only to find out that the shim was too small to fit properly. No biggie, got back ups.

My next problem was that now the shim is so thin that the buffer tube protuded out too far and the upper receiver wouldn't close properly. The Magpul instructions warn you that this can happen and they state that the threads on the buffer tube are set back a bit to allow you to "Grind" the end of the buffer tube down a bit. I did this with some 100 grit sanding paper and a sanding block using circular motions and after some trial and error, it worked fine and I had a really nice fit between the buffer tube and the rear of the upper receiver. I refinished the end of the buffer tube with alum-black and you can't even tell it's been ground down.

After that, my installs were pretty straight forward. No further "modifications" were required.

So in the end, the MSS M93 stock install can be done at home even by a klutz like me but remember to take your time and follow the step by step instructions. The results are worth it. Great stocks.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top