Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2003 4:29:13 PM EDT
what's with the purple sheen on some BM lowers? i've personally never noticed it on mine, but cripes, there are pictures all over these boards.

is it just apparent on older SN's? what causes it? i'm genuinely curious. thanks.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 5:23:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I think it has to do with the finishing process.I had 3 prebans kept 2 and sold 1.The upper was purplish color inside and out as opposed to the other 2 all black and grey on the inside of the uppers.Maybe its what was used over the anodizing.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 6:58:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Purple Bushmasters resulted from finishing too many rifles with the same batch of finishing agents. That led to corruption which gave these nasty purple uppers & lowers. That was the preban era. I am confident that you will be hard pressed to find a postban one and am certain you won't find a new one with this affliction. The small parts like the sight knobs on the other hand mightr still show it.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 7:47:32 PM EDT
[#3]
it just appears that way in pics
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top