Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/14/2003 1:08:18 PM EDT
After much reading on this board I bought the Bushmaster XM E2S A2 16" carbine (heavy barrel, no comp/brake, A2 stock) and an EOTECH 512 with an ARMS carry handle mount.  Now I need extra mags, a better sling, and lord knows what else (vertical grip handle, ACE skeleton stock, light?).  Thanks to all for the education.  I can tell that this is going to get expensive, real quick!  Russ  
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 1:14:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Russ,
Good choice.  If you told us how tall you are and your intended use of the rifle we could help you out by prioritizing your shopping list.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 1:16:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome and congrats on the new rifle! [:)]
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 1:37:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Forest: 6' and the rifle will be used for plinking and SD.  My department does not authorize the .223.  We have the 9mm Colts.  Russ
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 1:42:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Congrats, yes it can get expensive but it is also alot of fun!
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 1:54:30 PM EDT
[#5]
At 6' I think you'll find the A1 length stocks more comfortable (they are 5/8" shorter).

If you like the A2 style and want some storage area then buy a Cav-Arms C1 type stock.  Its the cheapest option (other than a surplus A1 stock).  You can use the buttplate from your A2 stock - toss the spacer - and use the A1 length screw that should come with the Cav Arms stock.

Other options are the ACE Skeleton stock (without the rubber pad); or the new VLTOR A1 length stock (which has compartments for batteries for your EO Tech).

For A defensive rifle you will need a light - and get some 'Urban Carbine' training.  Jim Crews is up your way and offers some great training.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 3:16:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Forest: as a newbie to AR's there are a lot of things I didn't think of, one of them being stock lenght -- other than I knew I wouldn't be using body armor and didn't want the stubby stock.  I've been contemplating the ACE stock.  

I am unfamiliar with Jim Crews and would appreciate some more info about his course and him.  Thanks again.  Russ
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top