Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/14/2003 4:21:39 AM EDT
Looking for a new Bushmaster. Have settled on a XM15 E2S "AK" A3 type. Checked prices on dozens of internet site: David's Guns, Gun America, Davidson's etc.etc.. Before I plop down the bucks, could anyone recommend a site or a dealer that is really dealing??????? That I might have overlooked...... Thanks
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 4:32:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 4:39:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Ricker, I'll give him a shout.

BTW-- looking for the best site to buy EOTech also..
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 4:47:00 AM EDT
[#3]
ya know , if ya spent some money at your local shop and got to know them real well, ya can get some killer deals. I have managed to build my Franken-AR, buy a case of XM193 & SnB ammo, buy my 1750 pelican case all at wholesell/dealercost. I have also been able to order stuff from the store on my CC and jus have it shipped there at dealer cost, i do buy some small things at retail. But the prob, is the internet IS closing the storefronts. In my immediate area, I know of 2 gunshops that have closed their doors to the public and have gone internet only. which sux. Jus something to think about. my .02.

On a side note, it does take time to build up a relationship w/ shop ppl b4 ya can get the deals, lol.

Also there ARE cases where the internet is cheaper than the dealer can get stuff for.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 4:48:43 AM EDT
[#4]
K2 Sports in Richardson - I believe this is a shop run by AR15.com'ers...

Also, there is a store near White Rock Lake that John232 recommends...

This is the type of question to pose on the Texas Hometown board...

You'll get 50 responses within 30 minutes...

[sniper2]
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 4:53:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Cutter, but I'm really trying to buy out of state. Dallas has 8.25% sales tax. On a gun, that would be $60 or so. I've seen some sites that were not charging shipping or had pretty reasonable shipping. That's what I'm really after. I do appreciate your taking time to respond. Thanks..

I'm fairly new to Dallas and have not had a chance to build up a rapport with a local dealer. The couple I have dealt with have been kinda s--tty. I do try to deal with locals when I can, called 5 shops yesterday. Their prices were almost straight retail..
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 6:43:01 AM EDT
[#6]
You can get a new Olympic AR from Military antiques in Forth worth (oldgunsupply.com), they ara n olympic dealer. I think they have a used Bushy for $800 as well. If you like DPMS K2 sports have some good deals. They are good guys to deal with. Gun masters in Plano has about 8 ARs, but the Bushy are pretty much retial. They do have an Armalite .308 and a preban 5.56 carbine for $1000 though. They stand behind theeir guns, a bought a century CETME from them that was problematic, they let me reutrn it for a full refund.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top