Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2003 7:39:59 PM EDT
Getting ready  to buy a bushmaster but cant deside on a M4 14.5 or go with a 16in H-bar.I want somthing thats going to last for me. Please help me deside what to get Thanks  
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 7:41:59 PM EDT
[#1]
my .02

Advantage M4
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 10:06:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a DPMS lower , with a Bushmaster M4 upper with AK brake...

Although the brake (all brakes for that matter) make the rifle louder, everyone that's been to the MODCC shoots have said it sounds cool...
I like the sharp "crack" of the report from the BM M4 barrel w/brake...
It's much lighter, than my Bushmaster 20" Target with HBAR barrel...

Fun to shoot...

[sniper2]
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 11:56:00 PM EDT
[#3]
i have a 14.5" HBAR.. if i could make the decision again, i would get an M4 barrel..

or an HBAR shaved to the same profile as the M4 under the handguards [:D]...  thats what i'm doing to my HBAR now..   take my advice and buy the M4 barrel now so you don't spend the extra $ later!!
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 10:43:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah more than likely I will go with the M4 I been looking at bushmaster for 6mo now trying to get the money together without my wife knowing. I already have a MIN-14 and 1200rds of 5.56 ammo get the itch. Yeah had to ARs in the past colts had jamming problems with them I sold them 12 years ago. Thanks for the reply guys. I support the right to barearms time has come to kick some butt Thanks TP
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 10:57:13 AM EDT
[#5]
M4
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 5:54:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought a BM Shorty A3 w/ 16in barrel. It shoots 1-1.5 in groups at 100 yards with iron sights. I couldnt be happier!
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 7:25:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Cbar15, a little off topic but I'm thinking about getting that same rifle. How would you rate the accuracy at longer ranges? say 400 or 500 yds?
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 8:07:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll be the voice of dissent here.  I would opt for the 16" HBAR.  Although you really have two issues to decide.  Barrel length and configuration.  

I would go with the 16" so that if you ever need to remove the front sight assembly (say to install a free float handguard) you can do so without having to apply extreme heat to your silver soldered flash suppressor or muzzle brake on your 14.5" barrel.

HBAR vs. M4.  M4 gets the cool points for looking like what the military is using, but unless you're going to hang an M203 off of it, why bother?  I would recommend sending the HBAR to Kurts Kustom Firearms and have the 1" diameter under the handguards turned down to something more reasonable like .850".

I have an A3 14.5" HBAR with Vortex and an A2 16" HBAR.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 9:04:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yeah more than likely I will go with the M4 I been looking at bushmaster for 6mo now trying to get the money together without my wife knowing. I already have a MIN-14 and 1200rds of 5.56 ammo get the itch. Yeah had to ARs in the past colts had jamming problems with them I sold them 12 years ago. Thanks for the reply guys. I support the right to [red]barearms[/red] time has come to kick some butt Thanks TP
View Quote

Why do you want barearms???
Have you got too much hair on them???

Oh, you meant BEAR ARMS, as in the right to keep & bear...
Gotcha, I thought maybe you liked sleeveless T-shirts, or something... {grin}

[sniper2]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top