User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/13/2003 10:21:47 AM EDT
ArmaLite again LEADS the way !!

5sub
----------------------------------------------

The ArmaLite® Post Post-Ban ™ Rifle Program

Fact: Unless reauthorized or replaced with a worse program, the Assault Weapon Act of 1994 will expire in September, 2004.

Possible outcomes are:

“Reauthorization,” i.e. no change in the law.
Replacement with a worse law, even to the possibility that production is halted.
Expiration of the law.
Expiration for only a short time, and then be reauthorization or worse.

The AW Ban is a cosmetic law, and we’d all like to own rifles without the blemishes that it established. If the law expires, there’s plenty of time to wait for a new rifle with “pre-ban” characteristics. If any of the other three outcomes occur, a delay could be a real mistake. The purpose of the PPB program is to prepare purchasers for any outcome.

The program offers customers a way to avoid the risk of delay, yet also have the benefits of a change in law. The opportunity is provided by the design of ArmaLite’s® 2003 rifles.

1. Beginning immediately, ArmaLite® 2003 rifles (with a pinned muzzle brake, or none installed) ship with a certificate that will provide customers a pin-on flash suppressor and installation instructions at no charge. Unless earlier legislation makes it illegal for customers to install the device, flash suppressors will ship in summer 2004 to allow time to get the rifle modified even if there’s an opportunity of only a few days.

Until the law changes, the flash suppressor will provide a reminder to every customer that it is essential to get out the vote in 2004.

2. For customers who wish to go an extra step and install a bayonet lug, ArmaLite® will continue to sell pin-on sight bases with bayonet lugs, and will provide installation instructions for gunsmiths. All ArmaLite® clamping front sight bases are easily removable, with no pin-holes in the barrel, so pin-on bases can be easily installed.

3. For customers who wish to be able to convert their rifle to a “Pre-Ban” configuration immediately upon expiration, ArmaLite® will produce and sell AR-10™ collapsing buttstocks (the AR-10™ requires a special collapsing buttstock). It is likely that prompt installation of such a buttstock will allow customers to make other changes at a more leisurely pace.

Installation of options 2 and 3 both are already available for law enforcement customers (with proper rifle markings). Civil customers must await a change in the law, and flash suppressors, bayonet lugs, and collapsing stocks will all be accompanied by clear information about the law to prevent a violation.

4. Pre-2003 rifles with pinned front sight bases or threaded-pinned-welded brakes, or customers who wish threaded brakes on 2003 models instead of pinned ones, require gunsmith or factory replacement of those parts. ArmaLite® offers the components for sale, and will perform conversions at normal shop charges.

Mark A. Westrom
President

“Don’t risk a delay… prepare for possible AW expiration today with ArmaLite®.”

Link Posted: 10/13/2003 10:43:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice!

Lets see if others.....*cough*...colt...*cough*.....will offer such things.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 11:38:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Whoa, I just gained a whole new level of respect for armalite! And i'm a strict bushmaster-preacher...I hope they and all others catch on to this!

...a pin-on flash suppressor...
View Quote

hey! I thought I predicted the manufacture of a such animal a couple posts back, and people were critizing me for it, saying it wouldn't be done! [b]IN YO FACE!!!![/b][:P]

ROCK ON ARMALITE!
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 12:00:23 PM EDT
[#3]
when will they be able to do threaded barrels?
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 12:39:57 PM EDT
[#4]
That is sweet. Just bought an Eagle in August. I'm waiting to have my barrel threaded and my bayo lug installed.

YEAH BABY!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 10/13/2003 1:49:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you Mr. Westrom! My next rifle WILL be an Armalite.

Glockdog

Airborne!!
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 2:12:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Nice!

Lets see if others.....*cough*...colt...*cough*.....will offer such things.
View Quote

I wish.  That's pretty cool.  Armalite is actually in touch with what AR owners are thinking.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 2:13:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Hot damn. Armalite kicks @$$ in my book, now.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 3:05:15 PM EDT
[#8]
there is no way in hell colt is going to do this...

colt and. customer service have, are and will never be in the same sentence together!!!
(notice the strategic placement of the period)

All they care about is their military contract. Which is, I admit, a hell of alot more profitable than any of the civilian or LEO sales combined.

Bushmaster probably will catch on to this, since they have the best Customer Service out there.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 3:43:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Thats sounds great BUT what if the GOV. makes up a new law in August 04 before the old ban expires. Like a chain just keep connecting all them together and keeping us from doing what WE want too. I hope it does END. I dont know much about how they make up all this BS but I will keep my Guns crossed. I own A Colt and a new Bushy, And yes my next kid will be a Armalite.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 6:06:09 PM EDT
[#10]
An AR10 was on my list for 04... Now it's a priority. The min I knew Bushmaster would be sued I threw my support behind them in the form of a purchase. That was my way of saying Thanks for not rolling over to these idiots. I will buy another Bushmaster. I will never buy a Colt unless they shape up. Armalite now seems to be leading the way in doing what's right for 04. I would like to ask our industry partner or anybody else if they know how the new rifles will be configured./ In otherwords, will a Pre 04 with these insurance measures look the same as a post AWB 04, or will the bayonet lug, for example be attached to the barrel instead of the sights?
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 6:37:31 AM EDT
[#11]
I know a good many of us have been waiting to see if the AWB does in fact sunset before making purchases.  The ArmaLite program allows us to buy now and have evil feature protection in the future.

While we may differ on whether ArmaLite, Bushmaster, Colt, DPMS, RRA, etc., is our favorite AR manufacturer, I expect all of us desire to do business with smart, customer-need/want oriented companies.

This is a very smart move by ArmaLite.  While I have an AR15.com SEBR Carbine on order, I plan to keep that AR-10 as a collector piece.  What I really want to add to my shooting guns is an AR-10A4 Carbine with a chrome lined barrel but had been delaying the purchase due to the possible AWB sunset.  Guess I just done run out of excuses !!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top