BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/12/2003 8:18:55 PM EDT
What is a trigger stage?
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 9:22:14 PM EDT
[#1]
SIngle stage trigger goes off if moved at all.  Two stage trigger splits the weight and there is a short take up followed by hitting a "wall" where a tiny bit more pressure will relese the trigger.  It allows a heavier weight to feel like less weight and is used in target or precision rifles.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 11:31:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Generaly speaking the 2-stage trigger is better for slow target shooting and the single stage is the 'door kicking' rapid fire trigger. If you decide to go with a 2 stage trigger I can't recomend the RRA National Match 2-stage enough. Those guys know there stuff over there. Its the best trigger in the collection.

JIM
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 1:07:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Generaly speaking the 2-stage trigger is better for slow target shooting and the single stage is the 'door kicking' rapid fire trigger. If you decide to go with a 2 stage trigger I can't recomend the RRA National Match 2-stage enough. Those guys know there stuff over there. Its the best trigger in the collection.

JIM
View Quote

What about the Jewell trigger? I have read many posts that swear by that trigger.

I have a carbine for home protection, so i should get a single stage, right? In case i need to bump off a few rounds into a gang of thugs.

Does jewell make a single stage?
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 2:01:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Jewell trigger and they are very nice but it is not something I would put on a home protection gun.  Jewell triggers are excellent for precision target work but I would use a single stage on anything that could be used for combat.  Less to break quicker to shoot (generally).  Oh and Jewell only makes a 2-stage trigger.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 4:05:04 PM EDT
[#5]
If you want a home defense trigger get an Accuracy Speaks single stage.  It is an awesome trigger.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 3:24:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Jewel triggers rock. They are adjustable down to the ounces. Like said earlier, not a home defense trigger. Bench rest or varmint, no better.
Additionally, it apperas that my RRA two stage trigger allows bump firing, where my friends BM single stage will not.
Doug
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 8:33:35 AM EDT
[#7]
I thought that single stage triggers would be better for bump firing. Bunp firing would be cool, I bet that really turns heads![}:D]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top