User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/12/2003 7:48:39 PM EDT
Then simply click below:

www.bradycampaign.org/facts/gunlaws/awb.asp

Have A Nice Day.

Edited to add: Practical Use Of This:
This will help some of us understand, exactly where our opposition stands. Enabling you to compose counter-arguments in advance, making our letters more effective.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 7:51:09 PM EDT
[#1]
[img]http://home.villagephotos.com/2003-7/15091/Funny%20Slam%20Pics/calmdown.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 9:34:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Assault weapons are designed to be spray-fired from the hip, and because of their design, a shooter can maintain control of the weapon even while firing many rounds in rapid succession.

Assault weapons are also designed for rapid-fire and many come equipped with large ammunition magazines allowing 50 more bullets to be fired without reloading. So there is a good reason why these features on high-powered weapons should frighten the public.

While there are no exact numbers of assault weapon incidents, police across America in the 1980s reported that semi-automatic assault weapons had become the "weapon of choice" for drug traffickers, gangs and paramilitary extremist groups.

Law enforcement officers do not want to have to carry M-16s as their standard service weapon.

An AK-47 fires a military round. In a conventional home with dry-wall walls, I wouldn't be surprised if it went through six of them...Police are armed with weapons that are effective with criminals in line of sight. They don't want and don't need weapons that would harm innocent bystanders.

Ray Kelly, the Treasury Department's undersecretary for enforcement at the time, noted that police departments have specially trained officers who use high-powered weapons. "It takes a lot of training to be proficient at it," he said. "I don't think you can issue high-powered weapons to every patrol officer."

Does the ban reduce the use of assault weapons in crime?
Yes. As more and more assault weapons are confiscated from crime scenes, fewer and fewer criminals and juveniles will have access to these deadly killing machines.

As one leading law enforcement executive put it, the weapons banned by the 1994 law are nothing more than "cop-killer guns."

Link Posted: 10/12/2003 9:36:37 PM EDT
[#3]
[:K]
[:D]
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 9:41:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I just LOVE how all that bullshit is listed under "facts and information" ... and what pisses me off even more, is that you can't even fire off an e-mail to those assmuppets and tell them how grossly misinformed they are, because they're FUCKING IDIOTS AND COULD NEVER GET THEIR HEAD FAR ENOUGH OUT OF THEIR ASS TO COMPREHEND ANY FORM OF LOGIC YOU THROW AT THEM
[pissed]

Thanks for raising my blood pressure, Lockedon
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 10:21:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Like perhaps the ignorance of posting Non Ar15  material in the Section Entitled "AR Discussion". right under the tacked post that says....[b]This is AR Discussion! All Off-Topic Posts Will Be LOCKED![/b]

Ah never mind...There is ignorance everywhere, you just have to ignore it sometimes...
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 12:01:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I think that I honestly dislike those Brady nuts.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 2:12:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
While there are no exact numbers of assault weapon incidents, police across America in the 1980s reported that semi-automatic assault weapons had become the "weapon of choice" for drug traffickers, gangs and paramilitary extremist groups.
View Quote

Don't quote me cause I can't find my source material (it may have been an NRA fact card) but goverment studies show that all these dreaded assault weapons only account for about 1.2-1.5% of the weapons used in the commision of a crime.  Way to go, banning less that 2% of what's really used. [:(!]
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 4:15:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Like perhaps the ignorance of posting Non Ar15  material in the Section Entitled "AR Discussion". right under the tacked post that says....[b]This is AR Discussion! All Off-Topic Posts Will Be LOCKED![/b]

Ah never mind...There is ignorance everywhere, you just have to ignore it sometimes...
View Quote

[b]I think it is rather important to know  exactly where our opposition stands...SPECIALLY WHEN WRITING LETTER, IT IS USEFUL TO KNOW WHAT THESE POLITICIANS WILL BE BOMBARDED WITH.
Also I find that this is On-topic of ARs in every way, from the political aspect.[/b]
[size=4]Gettting pissed off is just a side effect[/size=4]
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 6:21:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Lockedon, you are wrong in labeling this as ignorance. They are well designed political lies with an ulterior agenda in sight.

Reaction by fear is their objective, and resorting to fabrication is the strategy of choice used by every stinking politician.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 7:25:09 AM EDT
[#10]
I don’t remember what it was that got me thinking, but at some point last night something snapped and I was pissed off! It was probably some crap-ass news report, or something I couldn’t get in a catalog because the ATF prohibits I have it, but sitting there stewing in anger, the stupidity that we all allow ourselves to be subjected to became readily apparent. This morning I come to work, log on to ar15.com, and wonderfully enough, someone had already started a thread on this crap, so here is my 2 cents:

We all remember the day the world trade centers fell. We all remember the pictures and stories of tragedy and heroism, life and death. Most of us remember where we were and who we were with. We all remember someone calling a loved one to make sure they weren’t there. And yet, I don’t seem to remember one single gun being involved in this disaster. What I do remember is a story of several Muslim men boarding a few planes with nothing more than knifes, and forcing over 2800 people (in New York alone) to a disgusting fate. They weren’t using machine guns, or the now dreaded “assault weapon”. Those dirty fucks were using box cutters; and yet the media and the anti-gun crowd seem to have skirted this all together.

In the whole year of 2000-2001, the total number of gun related deaths was something on the order of 28000. If we assume there only 30 towns in each of the 50 states, that amounts to about 0.052 deaths due to guns per day! While in two hours, in one city, in one state 2800 people died from a couple dirt-bags with knifes! And yet, in the aftermath of all this, my right to bear arms is still in question!?

I’m not advocating the relegation of any of our GUARANTEED freedoms, but it seems to me that this tragedy would have people trying to debauch our freedom of religion. There is no 2 week waiting period, or required course and permit for me to convert to Islam. Why not? Because everyone would take up arms over the US government trying to take away our freedom of speech, or religion, or anything else for that matter. So why is it that the amendment which keeps us safe from the government being able to do so is the one being slowly whittled away? How can we allow this? If I don’t like what you say, nobody will ever let me introduce a bill that does not allow you to talk about certain things. There will never be an assault-words ban. But this is exactly how the various gun control bills and acts, act. And yet, someone who doesn’t like me having a gun can take that away? How is that possible? That’s not how it works!

Our “Founding Fathers” hammered out a contract with the people, and for the people, which made provisions to guarantee our ability to sustain our safety, happiness, and general well-being. It’s called the Constitution and the Amendments. This is the doctrine which governs our government and establishes the structure and nature of our way of life. The people who wrote this document were educated, intelligent people. They had the conscience to know that if one of these rights was eliminated, they all could be.

Since everyone now knows the “guns don’t kill people, people kill people” moniker now, the anti-gunners seem to have adopted a new catch phrase: “guns don’t kill people, but they certainly make it easier to do so.” That, my friends, is HORSE-SHIT! My car makes it easier to kill people then my gun does. In fact, I’d be willing to bet I could kill more
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 7:25:46 AM EDT
[#11]
people with my jeep in one sitting then I could with my AR. But nobody is taking my car away. In fact, provided I have the money, I could go out and buy a brand-spanking new, one-ton pickup, with huge diesel engine and a plow. I bet that thing could do some serious damage on a crowded NYC sidewalk. It’s easier for me to kill people in something like that then in my little jeep, but nobody is going to tell me no. Imagine a world in which I had to buy a 10+ year old truck if I wanted to plow snow in the winter because those aforementioned people killing features were banned. That is ridiculous.

Man, by nature is a tool-making being. And every tool we make makes it easier to kill someone. A rock makes it easier for me to kill someone. Shit, if we want to take it that far, my hands make it easier for me to kill people then if I had none. Getting rid of guns will not decrease crime. It will just increase illegal gun trading, and increase the amount of people stabbed. Then what? Will I have to take a safety course before I can eat dinner? Or will I simply be adducted to using a spork for all my eating duties?

I’m not advocating guns being passed out to everyone. I believe that if someone wants a gun, they take a NRA safety course, get their permit for everything (in a reasonable timeframe) and then get their guns. That way, those who choose to exercise their right to bear arms are educated on proper shooting techniques, maintenance, SAFETY, etc. This is how it worked when you were 16 and got your driver’s license.

Whatever, I could go on for about 3 hours like this, but I’m not going to (don’t get me started on my opinion of CCW permits and different state and interstate laws governing them, machine-gun laws, or even health care). I just wanted to vent a little and to tell everyone that what’s on the books should be erased, and replaced with a common sense set of laws governing the sale and use of firearms (read the assault weapons ban and tell me if there is any common sense in that thing) by people who know the most about the subject, us! We are LETTING people who know nothing about what we do decide our fate, and this is UNACCEPTABLE!! Just stalling the anti-gunners is not the right idea. The bar should not be set so low. TAKING BACK our rights should be our initiative.

Ok, feel a little better…
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 7:28:43 AM EDT
[#12]
i think we need to find someone who can hack sites and post legitimate information over the propaganda found all over the internet.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 7:43:08 AM EDT
[#13]
I think you all are barking up the wrong tree.

Consider this: Do you think the BradyBunch guys have access to inaccurate information ? Do you think they care about our arguments ? Do you think they care about the truth ?

The answer is, of course, NO. The liberal agenda PURPOSELY misrepresents the facts. You could argue man-to-man with one of those guys, and they will continue to spout lies and disinformation because they don't care. IT HELPS THEIR AGENDA - PLAIN AND SIMPLE. If it would further their point of view, they would claim 1+1=3 even if you showed them the math book.

In a simplistic way, there's 20% strongly pro-gun people, 20% strongly anti-gun people, and 60% unknowing targets of propaganda. What's going to get more airtime and be more effective propaganda-wise ? Us disseminating the facts, or "hip-shooting cop killers" ?????

Just accept them for what they are, be responsible gunowners and keep carrying on with carrying on.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 7:53:15 AM EDT
[#14]
I keep trying that hip-thang, but evry time my belly gets in the way.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 8:08:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Here is their address. Write them about their propaganda. Explain it to them until the end of time.

The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence
The Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence
1225 Eye Street, NW, Suite 1100
Washington, DC 20005

if you want to e-mail them just send it to
[email][email protected][/email]
Webmaster is usually a defalt e-mail address.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 8:51:53 AM EDT
[#16]
...but at least some are barking. just carrying on with carrying is called apathy. apathy is how things got how they are. if the 20% who are anti keep up the fight, and the 20% who are pro do not, then guess what...? that makes 80% that make no difference at all, and 20% that do. and those that do are not in it to help us.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 2:24:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
...but at least some are barking. just carrying on with carrying is called apathy. apathy is how things got how they are. if the 20% who are anti keep up the fight, and the 20% who are pro do not, then guess what...? that makes 80% that make no difference at all, and 20% that do. and those that do are not in it to help us.
View Quote

Apathy is the enemy.  Vote every chance you get.  About all we have is freedom of speech, right to vote, right to bear arms.  Each enforces the others.  If you didn't get off your duff and vote, I don't want to hear you bitching about it.  We all need to vote, and put the right people in the right places to help us.  We have the power to change it all, exercise it.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 9:02:41 AM EDT
[#18]
100% in agreement.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 11:59:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top