Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2003 5:07:06 PM EDT
OK, I finally got a RRA NM trigger installed so I don't have to use a pry bar to pull the trigger. Now, how do I bump fire like I keep hearing about dumping an entire mag?

It's an M4gery with an Ace skeleton stock and a CQB Solutions sling. Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 5:12:15 PM EDT
[#1]
If you do a search there is a link with video instrauctions posted in the last week.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 5:17:53 PM EDT
[#2]
DVDtracker made 2 howto videos:
[url]http://lifelibertyetc.com/RangeBag.aspx[/url]
Scroll down.

You might not want to start out with the Garand.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 5:58:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I can only hope that it gets old fast for you like it did for me. I like to hit what I am shooting at.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 6:11:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 4:50:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Those videos really helped me.  I was able to do it the first time.

Like he says in the video - hold your rifle down at your Right side, put your right thumb through the trigger guard (in front of the trigger)and then loop it in the closest belt loop.  Switch to FIRE and then with your left hand, pull the front of the weapon forward.

It's really cool - especially the looks on the faces of the other people at the range as you blast off 30 rounds in full auto (it really sounds like it) and then your barrel smokes a little as you turn around and smile at them.

heheheh
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 7:51:52 AM EDT
[#6]
My roommate and I figured out a way to bump-fire from the shoulder pretty easily.  We call it the Loop method. (Actually I call it the Brunner Loop Method but thats another story.)  Its a lot more fun to bump from the shoulder cuz you have much more control and can at least hit what you are aiming at.  The basic concept of it is it allows you to keep your trigger finder/thumb stationary which is key to a good bump-fire.  Anyway here is how you do it:

You take a piece of cord (550 works well) and you tie it into a loop.  The idea is when you put the loop over your shoulder you can stick your trigger finger (or thumb) through the loop and pull away from yourself your finger will be right in front of the trigger when you shoulder the gun.  You will probably have to adjust the length of the loop to get it just right.

Once you have your loop you stick your trigger arm through it and loop it over your shoulder.

Then you shoulder your gun MAKING SURE THE SAFETY IS ON.  

You then stick your finger or thumb (whatever works better for you) through trigger guard and then through the loop of cord.

Put some tension on the cord with you finger/thumb, flip off the safety and pull forward on the handguard with your other hand.  There ya go.

For this to work you cannot grip the pistol grip with your shooting hand.  What we found works is to just clench your hand in to a fist and use it to just put a little pressure on the side of the  grip.  Of course if you are using your thumb you don't have to worry about this.  You also can't have the buttstock tight against your shoulder.  You need about a 1/2" or so.  

Hope everyone enjoys this.  Be safe.  Know you backstop.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top