Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/12/2003 3:12:36 PM EDT
I was just at a fun show and ran across a new in the box 6520.  The guy claimed it had never been shot, from it's lokks it may not have been.  Anyway I was looking it over and noticed that the serial number said LGC 11xxx.  The number was below 18000 for a pre ban but the LGC serial prefix I have naver seen before.  I looked on the list here and it only shows GC for a 6520.  Also on the the left side of the weapon it said LE/Military only.

Is this a pre-ban or not?

TIA

Link Posted: 10/12/2003 3:51:25 PM EDT
[#1]
The serial number/preban status doesn't matter in this case because the rifle is an LE rifle. Therefore, unless you're a cop, you can't legally own it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 2:21:25 AM EDT
[#2]
M4arc is correct.  If you are looking for a real preban 6520, it will always have the GC not preceeded by an L.  6520's can be very unique in features.  They still use that model number to this day for a similar configured rifle.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 4:34:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The serial number/preban status doesn't matter in this case because the rifle is an LE rifle. Therefore, unless you're a cop, you can't legally own it.
View Quote

I don't follow that logic. Assuming it was manufactured before the ban or better yet, the AWB expires in 04, then there should be no reason you can't own it. After all the only feature that distinguishes it from a civillian AR is the stamp.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 9:03:37 AM EDT
[#4]
You were looking at a current production L.E.O. Govt Carbine. It is a resticted weapon, NOT a pre-ban. Only Law Enforcement personnel with proper paperwork can purchase/own.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top