Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2003 8:01:20 AM EDT
and your AR collection is balance and 100% functional (meaning no projects unfinished), some other voice in your head say "what about a dissipator?"

You little son of b**ch!

What about a dissipator?  The only real benefit of a dissipator over the std. carbine is the sight radius, correct?  Besides, most of the carbines I see posted on this site have some form of optical sight anyhow.

So, do I really need a dissaptor style rifle to balance out my collection?

Link Posted: 10/12/2003 8:08:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Ive givin up on figuring it out[;)]...Just finished aquiring parts for my 3rd this year...UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 8:34:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Oooh, Oooh! Pic opportunity!! [;)]

Yes, you need a Dissi. in addition to the sight radius, you get the added benfit of having a large portion of your barrel covered, so as to limit the amount of exposed hot surfaces on which to get burned, should the freak chance happen that you actually get into a sustained fight.

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid78/pdbfc97670161f5a564ab2a35a98b14cf/fb2844c4.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 4:06:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Holy cow that's a really nice rifle. I think I understand what I see there.
Would you mind telling us a little about the pistola?
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 5:04:26 PM EDT
[#4]
There're other ways to get the extended sight radius offered by the Dissipator.

For instance, JP Enterprises offeres a clamp on front sight that you can put out toward the muzzle.  The sight base has a pic rail to which you can attach a detachable front sight with the standard post or a globe type sight which are now popular in 3 gun matches.  

Either way,  you'd have to mill off your stock front sight and leave the gas block in tact.

The extra sight radius does help on long shots with iron sights.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 5:13:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Do you have a midlength yet?
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 4:45:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Holy cow that's a really nice rifle. I think I understand what I see there.
Would you mind telling us a little about the pistola?
View Quote

Its nothing special, just a factory Springfield fullsize Loaded OD Green 1911. Great gun though.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 4:47:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Do you have a midlength yet?
View Quote

And THAT, is my next project!! [naughty] [banana]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top